Senior Accounts Receivable Specialist
job requisition id R-4192
With minimal supervision in a distributed workforce environment, provide Accounts Receivable and Collections services to customers for all Lines of Business supported. This includes VSP’s mid to large-market customers and/or strategic relationships with added degrees of complexity. Act as expert advisor on Accounts Receivable and Collections services and provide support on client servicing and financial operations-related items, including account reconciliation, collections, analysis, and problem resolution.
- Act as VSP’s primary point of contact for billing and collection inquiries from internal and external business partners. Research and resolve a variety of complex internal and external inquiries.
- Efficiently and accurately perform moderate to complex Accounts Receivable activities including but not limited to billing, cash application, reconciliation, customer research and exception activities for all lines of business supported.
- Create, review, and recommend necessary documents to generate customer billing. Provide accurate and complete information to business partners and customers and assist them in understanding the billing and collection process.
- Use a data-driven approach in resolving billing disputes and payment issues through the analysis and review of information, and provide alternate solutions.
- Resolve outstanding aging balances for accounts, using knowledge of business systems and their relationship to billing and collections.
- Execute internal and external collection activities to maximize cash flow and ensure compliance with company policy, procedures, and financial controls.
- Recommend billing adjustments, write-offs, and customer refunds to management, ensuring documentation is prepared for review and approval.
- Prepare timely and accurate billing and reconciliation reports as needed.
- Identify at-risk customers based on established triggers. Coordinate with customers, Sales, Management, and other key business partners to problem-solve issues impacting billing and receivables strategies.
- Analyze customer requirements, provide education on VSP’s capabilities, and in collaboration with account team, provide recommendations for structure, membership, and billing to support complex requirements and performance standards.
- Identify, document, and track trends that may be symptomatic of larger system or process issues; escalate to the appropriate contacts and work with leadership to develop solutions.
- Comply with and maintain data integrity of confidential information, security policies, company policies, internal controls, and procedures.
- Help onboard and mentor new teammates and flex as needed, to support the business need.
Typically has the following skills and abilities:
- Two to four years of Account Service or Banking/Accounts Receivable experience or equivalent experience demonstrating the ability to build effective relationships and resolve a variety of issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field preferred
- One year of experience working in an ERP based Accounts Receivable environment preferred
- Active Accounts Receivable Specialist Certification preferred
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles, and familiarity with SAP are preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis, and multi-tasking skills
- Critical thinking and analytical, with a solution-oriented approach to work
- Ability to perform detailed work with numerical data, analyze data, oversee assigned tasks and projects, make informed decisions, and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners
- Proficient in MS Office applications and using data to provide reports that are clear, complete, and understood by both finance and operations audiences
- Must be available to work within the full range of division hours of operation
- Clean credit history as reported by a credit report
Compensation range for the role is listed below. Applicable salary ranges may differ across markets. Actual pay will be determined based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. As a part of the compensation package, this role may include eligible bonuses, equity and commissions. For more information regarding VSP Vision benefits, pleaseclick here.
Salary Range 17 – 27.5
VSP Vision is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, gender, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or protected veteran status. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.