Sr. Account Manager Job
Location: Home Based, Home, United States
SITUATION IN ORGANIZATION
- This position reports to the Acrylics Business Director, Americas.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Role is accountable for approximately 20% of Arkema’s Acrylics merchant sales volume, and one of a total of five members of the Acrylics commercial sales team in the Americas.
- Customer mix includes large multinational corporations including and smaller privately held companies.
- This role interacts routinely with Global Key Account Managers (GKAM) overseeing the GKAM activities across the Group.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
40% Develop and Manage Key Customer Relationships
- Develop and maintain key relationships with assigned region accounts and prospects through:
- Customers’ visits/calls
- Organization of customers’ events
- Participation in relevant trade/association meetings
- Maintain an understanding and develop relationships with all the key contacts for each account. This includes Corporate Sourcing plus the Customer’s Business, Marketing, Production, and Research Organizations.
- Ensure regular interactions and good relationship management with customers, call planning and preparation, and prospecting for new sales.
- Build an in-depth knowledge of customers business, products, and markets.
- Develop, maintain, and implement strategic customer plans that support the businesses annual plan.
30% Sales Planning and Strategy, Price, and Contract Negotiations
- Utilize Strategic and Conceptual Selling to strategize and prepare for meetings, price, and contract negotiations.
- Use Salesforce to document contacts, enter call reports, opportunities and manage customer relationships.
- Make recommendations to facilitate maximum utilization and coverage necessary to meet annual sales goals.
- Deliver on annual sales budgets for territory, by customer and specific product lines in agreement with Business Director.
- Deliver on new business development goals utilizing Arkema Group network to drive business growth.
- Utilize travel budget and customer activities in the most effective manner while maintaining necessary level of interaction by account.
20% Pricing, Contract and Forecast Management
- Implement and manage pricing initiatives including accurate and timely formula and market pricing entry and approvals.
- Negotiate and manage contracts with support from the Business Director, Regional President and Legal.
- Develop a customer-by-customer monthly and annual sales forecast and execute a process that assures achieving the delivery of forecasts by account.
- Ensure product delivery through coordination with Supply Chain, accurate and timely price management, reconciliation of invoicing issues, and becoming a proactive manager of the collection process.
10% Develop Market and Competitor Intelligence
- Document and provide valuable competitive sales and marketing information to the Business Team. This includes knowing the overall market size with an estimate of share by producer at customers for like products, in-depth knowledge of competitors, market applications and competitive alternatives to acrylic monomer products.
- Support the site HES policy and comply with all regulatory and internal requirements.
- Participate in HES activities provided by site management and Arkema Inc. (e.g., Behavioral Base Safety, SafeStart, etc.)
- Support and promote the reporting of all health, safety, environmental, near-miss, accident, or injury incidents.
- Understand and Support the Clear Lake Facility Acrylic Monomers HSE commitments.
- Be at ease and prepared in front of the customer and/or management, including good presentation skills, negotiating skills, ability to close a deal/sale.
- Maintain a reliable, consistent, positive, and responsible corporate image, which is critical to the long-term success of the business.
- Position will be home based and ideally located in the Cleveland area.
- On average, travel expected to be 30% – 40% and may be higher at times. Travel is exclusively continental U.S.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS/WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in science, business, or marketing, with commercial experience needed to understand the technical, financial, and economic aspects of the job.
- 10+ years’ experience in sales with commodity market experience preferred.
- Good time management and organization skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, presentation skills, negotiating skills.
- Develop and execute Key Account Plans: tactics, assignments, rationale, due dates, deliverables.
- Demonstrated success in contract negotiation, closing a deal/sale, finding new sales and bringing ideas forward that may add value to the overall company.
- Ability to understand customer needs and desires within the context of Arkema’s account goals; ability to interact with all levels of customer personnel, from procurement to business leaders.
- Proficient with Salesforce, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SAP. SAP training to be provided if necessary.
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively within a team environment.
- Able to cope with a travel schedule that may have you on the road 30%-40% of the time and maybe higher at times.