Regional Sales Manager
This is a remote role that can be based anywhere in the U.S. except Montana, New York, New Jersey and Washington, D.C.
In conjunction with the Director of National Sales, the Regional Sales Manager will work to achieve the sales and profitability objectives of their Region. The Regional Sales Manager owns sales results for their region by ensuring that their Territory Sales teams hit their sales and profitability goals. The Regional Sales Manager is a key leadership role in the Sales department. This individual leads the Territory Sales teams in a specified region and holds them accountable for achieving sales goals. This individual is accountable for the continuing professional development of their direct reports, helping to set priorities for the individuals and the department as well as offering strong organizational leadership by supporting the Director of National Sales in developing and maintaining best practices for the territory teams. The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for creating and maintaining a strong regional sales team, supporting and gaining sales from key dealers within the region, and ensuring that dealers within the region are receiving world class sales and support.
- Results – Get results by holding Territory teams accountable and help achieve goals both sales and profitability
- Inspire and Equip – Make sure the Territory Teams have the tools to be successful and that they use those tools effectively
- Develop Team – Continuously develop staff to be great at their jobs and have fun doing it. This individual is accountable for the continuing professional development of their direct reports, helping to set priorities for the individuals and the department as well as offering strong organizational and operational leadership by supporting the Director of National Sales in developing and maintaining best practices for the territory teams
- Sales Portfolio Oversight Ensure that the designated Sales Initiatives are getting what they need from the Territory Teams and the Territory Teams are giving adequate time to each Initiative in the portfolio.
- Development of Regional Team Ensure all team members feel valued by QBP, the rest of the Team and Sales Leadership.
- Effective Region Management Create and maintain short, mid, and long term goals for the region that align to QBP’s overall goals. Support and gain sales by maintaining personal relationships with large regional dealers. Ensure that QBP’s customers are getting world class service from the sales team.
What you will need to succeed:
- Proven experience hiring, training, and managing sales professionals
- Ability to make good decisions based on data as well as experience and instinct
- Strong financial and small business fluency
- Proven personal and organizational leadership skills
- Sales and results driven foundation
- Flexibility and willingness to experiment and change
- A doer someone who gets things done by setting and achieving goals
- Passionate about bikes, so much that it may be bordering on unhealthy
Other related criteria
- 3+ years of experience as a sales rep with proven successful results
- 2+ years of sales management experience with proven successful results
- Deep understanding of sales processes and implementation of those processes
- Comprehensive understanding of what makes a successful bicycle dealer
- Proven ability to create strategies for growth from current and future market assessment
- Extensive computer and phone use
- Travel approximately 12-15 times per year
- Must have valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Ability to travel by air
- Travel will be primarily based in the US