Reading Tutor for Kindergarten-12
Location: Remote United States
- Are you ready to help students who need support the most?
- Are you available Monday- Friday for either early mornings or afternoons/evenings?
- Are you passionate about Reading and/or English and helping students improve their skills?
What will you do as an Online Part-Time Contract Tutor?
- You can choose your own schedule (consistency is important, but we do have subs available, if needed)
- Curriculum is supplied for you (no lesson planning!)
- No guaranteed number of hours per week, but many students are in need of tutors, so tutors with consistent
- You will tutor students virtually in a 1:1 – 1:3 setting using our Littera Virtual Classroom
- Build meaningful relationships with students across the United States
- Make a significant impact on students’ learning journeys!
What You Need to Succeed:
- Relevant experience working with school-aged learners
- Consistent ongoing availability to support weekly session series, specifically 8am-9am and 3pm-7pm EST
- Ability to tutor and engage students with clear communication
- Proficiency in using online virtual tools and technology
- Spanish bilinguals are welcomed!
- Essential equipment: Desktop/Laptop (Chrome browser), video camera, reliable internet, headset with a microphone and a quiet tutoring space with high-speed internet
- A Gmail email account
- Experience working with K12 students
- Commitment to maintaining scheduled sessions for strong tutor-student relationships
- Based in the United States and all tutoring sessions taught within the United States
- Availability: You will need to have a consistent schedule from week to week with availability at the same times each day and a minimum of four days per week for potential scheduling (Monday to Friday)
What you will receive:
- English/Reading and Math sessions: $18 per hour
- Optional: Following the successful completion of an algebra assessment. when tutoring a high school Algebra I session series: An additional $4 per hour
- Satisfaction that you are getting tutoring help to those students that need it the most.