Title: Quality Engineering Manager (India)
Location: Mode is a remote-first company with cross-functional teams based throughout the US and India.
Data-driven companies win. Mode provides the tools to make companies data-driven. Data analysts quickly answer business questions using data in a comprehensive, cloud-based toolchain. Business users can understand and explore their company’s data in our world-class visualization product. By serving both analysts and business users, Mode provides the complete solution for data-driven companies.
Engineering at Mode
Come work with a diverse and deeply experienced team. We have colleagues from companies like Google, Tableau, SAS, Apple, Facebook, Glassdoor and many more. Read about our key engineering values.
At Mode we are very excited to form a SDET team. This team will be a pioneer in coming up with an overall test strategy to drive engineering efficiency and scalability while giving the engineers the confidence to ship to production.
As a Hands-on Quality Engineering Manager, you will lead and manage a team of automation engineers responsible for developing test frameworks and executing automated test suites, driving automation strategy, and ensuring the quality of the software products developed by your team. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality software products that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Our services are written in Java and Golang
- Our proprietary data engine Helix caches, manages and queries customer data
- Our infrastructure is ECS Fargate containers on AWS, managed with Terraform
- Our automation framework is implemented using Playwright with python, Cypress, GhostInspector suites
What you’ll do
- Manage and mentor a team of test automation engineers responsible for developing test framework and executing automated test suites
- Drive quality strategy for the development and testing of software products
- Develop and implement quality assurance processes and procedures that incorporate automated testing
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including software developers, product managers, and customer support, to ensure that software products are delivered on time and meet customer requirements
- Participate in the design and development of software products to ensure that quality is built into the development process
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to quality engineers
- Develop and implement metrics to measure quality and track progress towards quality goals
- Continuously improve the quality assurance process by identifying areas for improvement and implementing changes
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in software quality assurance and test automation
What we look for
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in software quality assurance, with at least 2 years of experience in an SDET managerial role
- Hands-on experience with software testing and quality assurance processes, including test planning, test case creation, and test execution
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage and mentor a team of quality engineers
- Experience with test automation tools and frameworks such as Selenium, Playwright and Cypress
- Experience with cloud-based testing environments, such as AWS or Azure
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we’re building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.