QA Lead (m/f/d)
- Remote Worldwide
About DECA Games
We believe that games should be played for decades but many are abandoned even when a loyal community is screaming to keep them alive. DECA specializes in acquiring games from other developers and reinvigorating them to continue to entertain for decades. When other studios see an old game, we see an amazing set of problems to solve and a huge opportunity.
DECA is a remote company with over 260 people in over 29 countries globally. DECA has been profitable since our inception in 2016. DECA is also a part of the Embracer Group, the largest public gaming company in Europe.
About our culture
We’ve managed to maintain a small company feels with the stability and resources of a much larger one. We fully believe in the flexibility of a remote workplace. Team members are trusted to manage their time and get things done independently. We believe that egos and politics need to be checked at the virtual door. That means no jerks are allowed, that no job is too small for anyone, and an openness to help and learn from each other is required. We love the challenge of working within constraints and love when we succeed as a team. Check out more about us and our values on our website (www.decagames.com).
This is a remote position. You can work from anywhere in the world in the CET timezone ( 9 am – 6 pm CET).
About the role
We are looking for a QA Team Lead with strong experience in games as a service and production operations within QA, to work with our multi-talented team to ensure the delivery of high-quality products to our customers.
With a keen eye for detail and excellent communication skills, you will ensure that our games, features, and systems work as expected and that we deliver bug-free content on time. Working together with the rest of the QA team and the studio, you will have the responsibility of spearheading the QA operations as their QA lead
In this role you will have the opportunity to work with many other disciplines such as design, LiveOps, business intelligence, and engineering, to build and test products that meet the overall business needs. This is a dynamic role with high exposure to many aspects of developing and running a unique game.
- Directing and managing all manual functional testing across the company’s pc, web, and mobile platforms (iOS, Android): dev testing, LiveOps production testing, development testing functionality and manual testing, smoke tests, unit testing, regression as well as any additional ad hoc tests both in development and production phase.
- Accountable for working with the leads of other departments to ensure required QA practices are implemented and followed.
- Constant communication with the stakeholders and production team to synchronize QA requirements and risks on daily tasks.
- Complete accountability and responsibility on QA sign-offs to production.
- Developing test plans with a strategic selection of test methodologies in advance during the development phase and updating the entire team upon completion of test activities with clear reports.
- Creation and maintenance of written documentation of knowledge and processes.
- Assist in backlog and defect grooming with the producers and cross-department leads.
- Owning features on behalf of the QA team and ensuring they are delegated to the testers and accounting for their deliverance.
- Identifying, escalating, and improving QA practices across the project on regular basis accounting for changing product requirements.
- Constantly monitoring community feedback, following up, and reporting it to the stakeholders.
- Accountable for people management of QA testers, mentoring them, and growing their skillset.
- 3+ years of leadership experience in quality control and assurance of video games (ideally outsourcing).
- Experience in coordinating QA operations with the production team and other departments.
- Experienced in at least one bug-tracking software and the ability to create detailed and efficient documentation.
- Experience with tools such as IDE, GitHub, perforce, docker, etc.
- Fluent in English and a good communicator, both written and spoken.
- Proven ability to handle stressful situations, prioritize tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with high motivation, drive to improve, and capacity to learn.
- Able to work independently, adjust to last-minute changes and understand how to prioritize tasks.
Nice to have
- Experience with mobile, MMO, and free-to-play games.
- Experience in a remote working culture is a must.
- Good knowledge of Jira and confluence.
- Competency in MS office and google suite.
- Remote first company culture.
- Flexible work hours to support personal work-life balance.
- Weekly remote Embodiment@Work breathing and workout exercises.
- Online language classes: English, German, French, Spanish, etc.
- Working in a multicultural environment with people from over 29 different countries.
- Flat hierarchies with an open-door policy.