Online Psychology Tutor
Work Type: Contract
Upswing exists to empower the historically marginalized to overcome systemic personal or educational obstacles to achieve their life goals.
Upswing partners with educational institutions (primarily college-level) to connect their students to educational and personal resources through technology and services – including online tutoring
Upswing’s tutoring philosophy stresses the importance of fostering independence. To succeed in this role, you must be familiar with tutoring via the Socratic method and love working with students to develop critical thinking skills. Online sessions take place via Upswing’s virtual classroom and offer video, audio, and chatbox in addition to a whiteboard.
This is a remote position that allows tutors to work at nearly any location with reliable access to a computer and Internet.
- Work via Upswing is based on your availability and demand from students. The ideal candidate is available to tutor between Sun-Thurs, 6pm – 10pm CST / 5pm-9pm EST.
- Once hired, expect to onboard between 2-5 business days.
- Onboarding time (unpaid) takes between 60-120 minutes.
- This position pays between $14-$16 per hour.
- Payments are issued via PayPal. Please ensure that you are able to receive payments via PayPal before applying.
Good fit candidates:
- Subject matter expert, or advanced knowledge gained during the attainment of an undergraduate degree, graduate degree, or professional experience in psychology
- Have access to reliable, high-speed Internet, a quiet, distraction-free environment to conduct tutorials, and a reliable laptop/desktop with camera and microphone functionality
- Received excellent grades in undergraduate or graduate school
- Enjoy teaching others and helping people through problems and a desire to help others reach their goals
- Can tutor a minimum of 2-5 hours per week during the fall and spring semester
- A background in teaching methodology, instruction, or experience tutoring at the college level i.e. in a math or learning lab or in a writing center, is highly preferred
- Responsive to session requests
- Top-notch verbal and written communication skills
- Tutor from anywhere in the world through our platform
- Join a community of exceptional tutors looking to make a difference
- Calendar integration and text/email alerts for session requests
- Create your own schedule with the expectation of remaining active during the fall and spring semesters