Project Manager, People Team
REMOTE – UNITED STATES / PEOPLE – PEOPLE OPERATIONS / FULL TIME
The Trevor Project is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations.
If you are hired and need a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, we will engage in the interactive process once you are hired, but you do not need to share future accommodation needs at this time.
The Trevor Project is the leading suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ young people. We are a non-profit that provides 24/7 life-saving support via phone, text, and chat. We also operate the world’s largest safe space social networking site for LGBTQ youth, and run innovative research, education, and advocacy programs. We’ve been saving lives every day for over 20 years.
Reports to: Chief People Officer
This role will be remote in the continental US, Alaska, or Hawaii
Salary Range: $75,000-90,000
Level: T4 (individual contributor)
Applications for this role are due no later than 5pm ET, Wednesday, August 30, 2023
In the spirit of transparency and open communication, we wanted to share with you that The Trevor Project recently voluntarily recognized The Communications Workers of America (CWA) as the representative of certain employees for collective bargaining purposes. The position for which you are being considered is not part of the bargaining unit because it is confidential, managerial, or supervisory, and you may be responsible for communicating management’s decisions to bargaining unit employees.
Overview of the role
Every day, and in every role, our staff contribute to our critical mission of ending suicide among lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning young people, while fostering an inclusive approach our direct work and engagement with Trevor colleagues across the organization while fostering an inclusive approach to your direct work and engagement with Trevor colleagues across the organization, while continually growing our LGBTQ competency and awareness.
The Senior Project Manager acts as an extension of the Chief People Officer and is responsible for ensuring execution of the organization’s People agenda. In this role, you will drive gains in productivity and impact, continuously improving day-to-day operations and driving large scale projects to completion focusing information sharing/flow, and decision-making effectiveness. You’ll serve as an advisor to the Chief People Officer as extra eyes and ears, fostering relationships most important to the vertical’s priorities, considering the needs of the organization, anticipating potential roadblocks, and identifying areas requiring our attention.
Who You Are
- Experienced. Proven success working with a senior leader, providing strategic thinking, project management skills, applying organizational and political intelligence, and anticipating/averting as well as analyzing/resolving organizational roadblocks. Demonstrated ability to lead through influence, including planning, prioritizing, and executing with the ability to simplify complexity and set up effective systems of operations. Training in project management principles is strongly preferred.
- Collaborator. Proven approach to all work and interactions with empathy and inclusion. Recognized success in fostering relationships with cross-functional teams at all levels, working closely with colleagues to brainstorm ideas, discuss pros/cons, and develop ways forward with mutual understanding and trust.
- Communicator. Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly – both written and verbal – for audiences, both internal and external, with skill in distilling complex information into compelling, easily digestible narratives;
- Focused on service delivery and adaptability Demonstrated commitment to outstanding internal and external service to our colleagues, the individuals we serve, our donors, and those with whom we collaborate and communicate. Proven focus on proactive and inclusive issue resolution and continuous improvement for all systems and processes with demonstrated flexibility in the midst of change, being able to successfully juggle multiple deliverables, and adapting to new situations with fresh ideas or innovative approaches.
- Mission and Culture Aligned: Demonstrates awareness and support for The Trevor Project’s mission and vision: to end suicide and address mental health crises in the LGBTQ youth community, and create a world where all LGBTQ young people see a bright future for themselves.
- Solutions Oriented Generates ideas to solve problems, with a demonstrated ability to balance innovation with process and efficiency
- Operations Manager Experienced in managing complex projects with multiple resources and capable of allocating resources to achieve key objectives
- Organized and Detailed Demonstrated time-sensitive delivery of high quality work products; with proven understanding of the impact of personal and team deliverables on others
What You’ll Do
- Serve as a strategic advisor and collaborate closely with HR counterparts in providing seamless end to end delivery of the portfolio projects enabling the HR function to deliver with excellence to our partners (employees) and candidates
- Build comprehensive and effective change management strategies to mitigate risk and ensure project success
- Implement and track project execution to success by driving team milestone completion; identifying and removing process and operational roadblocks; calling out critical decisions to reach alignment
- Develop project plans in collaboration with sponsors across organization and HR partners to execute strategic HR initiatives, distribute work among team members (including self, this role will execute project deliverables), set expectations and execute on project plans
- Own major end-to-end processes and events on a project, take initiative, and use problem solving skills to think beyond the task to the outcome that needs to be achieved
- Driving and continuously improving People team operations by coordinating operational priorities and ensure progress of goals
- Drive alignment, accountability for HR priorities
- Use broad knowledge of HR and include appropriate SMEs to lead team members resulting in a cohesive and integrated solution
- Routinely bring together multiple senior-level stakeholders with varying perspectives and drive decisions, resolve conflicts, influence outcomes, and enable leader success.
- Plan and lead the creation and update of the People Team calendar, ensuring thoughtful planning of vertical initiatives with consideration to organizational and team priorities
- Anticipating and managing People team and CPO meeting agendas, facilitation, and follow ups, serving as a representative of the People team in meetings as needed, and ensuring follow up on promised deliverables
- Ability to weave all of HR programming and initiatives into compelling PowerPoint/Keynote presentations with key audiences in mind.
- Lead knowledge management for the vertical, including documenting standard processes, maintaining employee handbook, etc.
- Other relevant tasks, duties, or special projects as assigned
$75,000 – $90,000 a year
- A career that truly makes a difference in the lives of LGBTQ young people–every single day
- Comprehensive health insurance, including plan coverage for various gender affirmation care (and we pay 100% of your employee contribution premiums for medical, dental, vision, AND basic life insurance)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program to help with confidential emotional support, work life solutions, financial solutions, legal assistance, or online support
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with the flexibility of pre-tax or Roth contributions, accompanied by a 3% contribution match. With Guided Portfolio Services or Do It Myself investment options, you’re empowered to take control of your secure financial future.
- Generous vacation and 12 paid holidays (one of our holidays is Harvey Milk Day!) plus two floating holidays , and three half-day Fridays during the summer
- Pet insurance
- Remote work from the continental US, Alaska, or Hawaii (we provide the technology, a monthly internet reimbursement, and a reimbursement to outfit your work-from-home space!)
- Professional and Learning Development Trainings/Education: including a professional subscription to LinkedIn Learning, providing access to more than 13,000 high quality on-demand courses.
- Online Subscription to Headspace, a digital mindfulness and meditation platform
The Trevor Project provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. The Trevor Project complies with all applicable laws.