Portfolio Operations Manager
The ProducePay marketplace is transforming the global fresh produce industry into a more connected and sustainable movement. Our products empower farmers and enable Buyers and consumers to receive fresher produce more efficiently while helping to eliminate over 50% of global economic waste. At the intersection of Technology, Finance, and Agriculture, the ProducePay marketplace is building a better supply chain for fresh produce, creating transparency and placing trust at the center of every transaction.
You will manage the Preseason portfolio operations, including daily and monthly reporting, analytical projection and process improvements. You will be an integral part of the Finance Operations team working under the VP of Finance. This is an exciting opportunity to join an analytical, data-centric team at a fast-growing Ag Tech company. You will partner with Capital Markets, Risk Management, Portfolio Management, and Marketplace colleagues to help drive insights and develop reports and analysis that benefit Produce Pay and its investor base. Most importantly, you will see your insights have an immediate, tangible impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company.
What you’ll do:
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques, and create financial statements for Produce Pay clients, investor-facing reports, and management-facing reports.
- Lead a team of analysts in the management of the product portfolio and support of different departments in its sustained growth.
- Prepare, analyze, and review complex financial metrics on farmer capital products to ensure positive ROI.
- Work with the Engineering team to develop and implement Produce Pay’s platform, data and analytics and other strategies that optimize efficiency and quality.
- Generate daily, weekly, and monthly reports using proprietary data from the Produce Pay platform to support internal management and accounting needs,
- Assist with accounting, e.g., conduct bank reconciliations and assist with financial audits.
- Create and implement accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- This role is ideal for someone who is data-oriented, hardworking, enjoys solving problems, and wants to roll up their sleeves and dig into the details. The qualifications we would like you to have include:
- Experience working in Finance operations, portfolio operations/management.
- Experience working with portfolio management software systems and databases.
- Advanced skills in Excel (including macros, etc).
- Experienced in Tableau, SQL, or Python is a plus.
- Understanding accounting basics and financial concepts
- A degree in Finance, Economics, Financial Engineering, or similar fields
- Minimum 5 years of work experience
- Fluent in English
- Very highly detailed oriented
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Competitive comp package of base, bonus, and equity
- 401K – company automatically contributes 3%
- Work-from-Home Stipend
- Quarterly Volunteer Days
- Pet Insurance
- Unlimited Paid-Time-Off
- Brilliant, motivated, and fun team members