Photography Editor, Stills – Freelance
Location: United States
HAUS is seeking a talented individual with experience in photo editing, photo asset management & archiving, curation for OTT (produced streaming) content platforms, and general project management. This is a freelance position estimated for 3-5 months. To be successful in this role, you must be able to strategically plan and execute on multiple projects at once. You must be extremely well organized, creative, a succinct communicator, a team player and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You must be self-motivated, possess integrity and be able to work autonomously.
- Management of unit photography assets and produced stills from post-production hand-offs through release. Often including supplementing unit photography through pulling frames from films.
- Strategize on the best visual representation for a series or film for on-platform display, marketing, publicity, and social needs. This includes watching and becoming intimately familiar with the content.
- Put together decks in the provided format and be ready to explain and display your thoughts behind your work.
- Work together with project managers and stakeholders to communicate on timelines, briefs, and kick-offs.
- Edit high volume digital photography and maintain quality control.
- Manage and produce photo edit requests with clients for various channels in tandem with project leads and stakeholders as a creative resource.
- Handle digital asset management and archiving including transferring, renaming, attaching metadata, adjusting, backing up, and uploading.
- Be mindful of legal restrictions and licensing requirements.
- 3-4 years photo editing experience (entertainment experience preferred)
- Strong eye for editing and selecting photography
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Suite including Photoshop and Lightroom or Bridge (or similar system)
- Solid retouching and color correction skills
- Strong team player
- Deadline-oriented with strong time management skills
- Experience working with international markets preferred
- Great with producing decks and showcasing work and creative process
- Ability to handle a high volume of complex projects and tasks for multiple people and departments simultaneously and manage competing priorities and workflows
- Must be able to work independently, make sound decisions, think strategically, and maintain accuracy and attention to detail
- Must possess solid organization, effective time management and excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with internal and external teams
- Understand and interest in Federal copyright laws, usage licenses, and embargos
- Understand the photography industry including photo production, retouching, and digital asset management and workflow
- Strong knowledge in digital file specs, size formats
- Creative – Demonstrate the ability to think innovatively-connecting the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight. Able to identify, nurture and help refine compelling creative ideas and concepts.
- Succinct Communicator – Great writer and clear talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately.
- Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
- Pragmatic, Organized and Detailed – Has a big capacity to both think and ‘do’.
- Flourishes in a ‘hands-on’ role, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
- A Smart Minimalist – Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex—and will resist and prevent that.
- Has a Point of View – An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
- Pace – Moves at a nice clip and enjoys having multiple projects going at once.
- Is flexible. Can change course, be scrappy and get things done within short time frames.
- Integrity. Has sound judgment, and will question actions inconsistent with company values.