People Operations Specialist
Lift Ventures, a remote-first startup studio whose portfolio of businesses has reached over 250 million consumers to date, is seeking a seasoned and talented People Operations Specialist for SuperSummary.com, our fast-growing EdTech business. SuperSummary is a subscription-based website offering a library of professionally written study guides and other educational resources on thousands of books for students, teachers, and readers of all types.
Having expanded our SuperSummary team over the last several years, we’re now focused on building a dedicated People Operations department and implementing scalable systems to support our fully remote but collaborative company culture. We are seeking a passionate and detail-oriented People Operations Specialist to play a pivotal role in creating an exceptional team member experience.
About the Job
The People Operations Specialist will be responsible for creating and maintaining a holistic company culture among co-workers. We’re a fully remote team of approximately 30 core team members and 100+ freelancers located across the globe, from the U.S. and Latin America to Europe and Asia. Reporting to the VP of Operations, this role will manage the day-to-day people operations of the company, touching upon multiple disciplines such as HR, Communications, and Organizational Development. The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of people operations experience in a startup or high-growth company environment and a passion for creating an engaged and motivated team.
Key Functional Responsibilities
- Spearhead the full team member experience: Oversee all aspects of the team member life cycle, ensuring seamless and standardized onboarding and offboarding; contribute to successful talent acquisition by scoping out new roles and overseeing the new hire offer process.
- Manage & enhance HR systems: Oversee payroll, compliance, benefits administration, and technology access management and continually work to improve HR processes to optimize clarity, efficiency, and operational effectiveness.
- Facilitate internal communications: Maintain clear and regular communication with team members, not just about HR policies but also about company news and insights, becoming the central person at the company to compile and share information that helps us do our jobs better; support managers by coordinating team quarterly planning; and maintain the company knowledge base & employee handbook.
- Foster team engagement & collaboration: Develop and drive employee engagement and team-building initiatives such as virtual team events; facilitate DEI initiatives to ensure we live our values; and oversee rewards and recognition programs so we can celebrate each other.
- Cultivate a learning culture: Empower our team members to continually level up by conducting orientation sessions and working with Learning & Development to support organization-wide training and professional development.
- Champion our company’s values: Ensure our core values are being translated into engageable actions for our team and users. Continue to develop a scalable community and culture even as we grow.
- Create comprehensive answers to SuperSummary FAQs by compiling essential company information to support knowledge-building for new hires and existing team members.
- Launch a standardized onboarding process for all new hires, including designing orientation sessions, facilitating get to know your team opportunities, and sending out welcome packages.
- Enhance our SuperSummary Career Site and LinkedIn presence to improve recruitment efforts.
- Explore available remote team-building events & activities, and then pilot new initiatives to better connect us all, across cultures and time zones.
- 5-7 years of experience in relevant functional roles (HR administration, HR operations, people operations, benefits management, employee relations and engagement, etc.)
- Strong project management, prioritization and multitasking abilities that include juggling tasks of varying length and complexity at once
- Effective communication skills, including speaking, writing, and active listening
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with colleagues
- Meticulous attention to detail for maintaining employee records and benefits packages
- Great strategic planning and problem-solving skills
- Methodical approach to analyzing processes and systems to fully understand their functions
- Proactive research skills to seek out opportunities to advance and improve the organization
- Experience with modern HR tools & platforms (e.g., Rippling, Deel, Ramp,) is a plus