Business Unit:Human Resources
Location: Nationwide (Pittston, PA or remote)
Payroll Specialist Position at Benco Dental
At Benco Dental, our company is our family, and we are looking for a new addition to assist us in Driving Dentistry Forward. Please review the description below carefully to ensure that this position is the perfect match for you!
What’s in it for YOU?
- Excellent Compensation Packages
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits Effective on Day 1
- 401k Package, Paid Time Off Program, and Profit Sharing
- Flexible/At Home Working Options
- Associate Discounts and Community Giveback Programs
- College Tuition Savings Program
- Caring Family Culture Toward all Associates
- Certified as a FORTUNE Great Place to Work
- Opportunities to join resource groups that promote Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Family owned for 90+ years
The Payroll Specialist will be focused on leading and delivering an accurate payroll while maintaining the integrity of the Infor GHR Payroll System. The role is responsible for the accurate and timely payroll processing of 1600 associates across 48 states. The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of quality payroll services and efficient processes. This individual will be responsible for ensuring data integrity, assist in testing of and planning for system upgrades, report writing, and analyzing data and process flows for process improvement opportunities. The role requires full knowledge of hourly, salary, and commission-based payroll and taxes within multiple states. The role includes full responsibility for compliance with federal, state, and local taxing authorities to assure Benco is in compliance with all payroll tax regulations. The position will also support the Payroll team, all audit requests, tax notices and management reporting requirements.
Do YOU Possess These Skills and Attributes?
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to present to diverse groups on payroll topics
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point
Do These Responsibilities Interest YOU?
- Maintains payroll information by maintaining systems; overseeing the collection, calculation, and entering of data to ensure and accurate and complete national payroll.
- Assures the Business (Salaried and Hourly) and Sales (Commission-based) payrolls are completed timely and accurately.
- Required to act as the back-up for the Payroll team for payroll processing when needed.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, and nontaxable wages as requested.
- Partner with the Payroll Team to ensure accuracy and maintenance of all applicable payroll taxes in a multi-state environment including all federal, state and local taxes in 46 states.
- Assist with balancing the General Ledger payroll accounts as needed to ensure accuracy.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising Payroll Team on needed actions.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in Infor/GHR User Groups and training, establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
- Work with end users and management to maximize value of Infor/GHR Payroll in delivering quality payroll services.
- Partners with Payroll and HRIS Team to support and maintain the Infor/GHR payroll system to include planning for and implementation of upgrades, audits, security and reporting.
- Liaise with Infor user community to access best practices.
- Assist in implementing best practices from Community into Production.
- Partners with Payroll and HRIS team to ensure integrity of system design for earnings, deduction codes and taxes.
- Work efficiently and professionally with HR department to assure there is a strong relationship that fosters growth and communication.
- Works to achieve strategic plan deliverables in a timely manner.
- Serve as a mentor to fellow associates guiding the learning and training process.
- Assist with any additional ad hoc internal requests from HR Team or upper management.
Do YOU Meet These Requirements?
- 4-6 years of experience in Payroll with a multi-state, mid-size Company with greater than 1000 associates
- Certified Payroll Professional preferred
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Human Resources or a related field preferred
- Ability to travel for business related events/meetings
Who We Are: It’s our Mission to Drive Dentistry Forward
Benco Dental, the largest privately owned, full-service dental distributor in the United States, has remained in the family since 1930—a family that now includes our more than 40,000 customers and over 1,500 associates in the 48 contiguous states.
We provide more supply and equipment options than any other full-service distributor, an offering enhanced by a comprehensive suite of services, including office design, equipment repair, practice coaching, financing and project management, wealth management and dental-specific technology solutions. These services are supported by over 400 professionally trained sales representatives and 300 factory-trained service technicians who begin every task by asking “What does the customer want?”
If you enjoy working for a progressive company, who is committed to diversity in our workforce, who values all customers and associates, who also provides the opportunity for growth and development- we encourage you to learn more about our Benco family. We are looking for driven professionals who want to play a key role in our future success, while making a positive impact within our industry. Thank you for your interest in Benco Dental. We look forward to hearing from you!
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. At Benco Dental we celebrate our associates’ differences to foster a culture of diversity and inclusion every day. Click here to learn more about how we promote Equal Opportunity and Diversity and Inclusion at Benco.