Remote – USA
SeatGeek believes live events are powerful experiences that unite humans. With our technological savvy and fan-first attitude we’re simplifying and modernizing the ticketing industry.
By catering to both consumers and enterprises, we’re powering a new, open entertainment ecosystem where fans have effortless access to experiences, and teams, venues, and shows have seamless access to their audiences. Because everyone should expect more from ticketing.
In this role, you’ll become SeatGeek’s first litigation paralegal. You will support various initiatives across the company related to dispute resolution, including resolving disputes as they arise, proactively identifying ways to avoid disputes and implementing solutions to reduce the company’s risk profile. You will be a key member of SeatGeek’s legal team and report to our Associate General Counsel, Employment & Litigation.
What you’ll do
- Ensure that appropriate litigation and dispute resolution processes are implemented and are evolving to effectively meet company needs
- Manage and oversee litigation, regulatory inquiries, administrative proceedings, mediations, arbitrations and internal investigations, ensuring claims are addressed promptly, thoroughly and appropriately
- Support document management and internal reporting on litigation matters.
- Lead responses to third party subpoenas
- Support initiatives across the company to ensure compliance with a wide range of laws and regulations
- Work across business teams to help mitigate areas of potential risk
- Other areas of responsibility not related to dispute resolution may also be included from time to time to support the Company’s evolving business
What you have
- 3+ years experience in litigation or dispute resolution; top law firm and prior in-house experience preferred, tech experience a plus
- Ability to independently drive accountability and influence outcomes
- Assertion when required – you’re able to challenge and be challenged both internally and with third parties in a constructive and respectful way
- Advanced problem-solving skills – you’re able to quickly digest a problem, evaluate solutions, and then empower others to deliver
- Strong detail orientation, with the ability to produce work product that demonstrates advanced skills in the following areas: (i) subject matter expertise, (ii) analysis and creativity, (iii) oral and written communications and advocacy, and (iv) client management and acceptance
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle a broad range of responsibilities and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Equity stake
- Flexible work environment, allowing you to work as many days a week in the office as you’d like or 100% remotely
- A WFH stipend to support your home office setup
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 16 weeks of paid family leave
- 401(k) matching program
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Annual subscriptions to Headspace, Ginger.io, and One Medical
- $120 a month to spend on tickets to live events
- Annual subscription to Spotify, Apple Music, or Amazon music
The salary range for this role is $55,000-$80,000. Actual compensation packages within that range are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and specific location.
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!