Organizational Development Partner
at Vital Farms (View all jobs)
Finding the right place to grow your career isn’t (over) easy, so we’re here to help by sharing a few reasons why the grass is greener at Vital Farms. We think you’ll appreciate our focus on Conscious Capitalism, which drives business decisions that benefit all our stakeholders (leading to even better business results). You might be drawn to our innovative approach and refusal to settle for the “way things have always been done.” Or you could find it exciting to grow your skills while working for an industry-leading brand. Whether you’re into our values, our brand, or our egg-cellent puns, we hope you’ll join our Crew and help us change the world 108 square feet at a time!
We are looking for an experienced and strategic thinking change agent who is passionate about career development and helping crew members succeed. The Organizational Development Partner will join our small but mighty Learning, Development, and Engagement team, helping us raise the standard on what it means to be a great workplace. You value building strong stakeholder relationships in your work, creatively problem solving to improve organizational performance, and have a passion for testing and implementing new programs that provide equitable opportunities for crewmembers at all levels. You are a strong communicator and comfortable engaging with, presenting to, and influencing at all levels of an organization, from hourly crew to executive leadership. You bring rich and varied experience in enhancing organizational effectiveness, with a specific skillset in diagnosing and delivering meaningful solutions to optimize crewmember productivity in both a corporate and a manufacturing setting. You are equal parts systematic and agile, while being highly motivated collaboration and energized by execution. Your proven track record for building competency frameworks, career paths, and development programs will set you up for success at Vital Farms and allow you to make an immediate impact on our crew. A successful Organizational Development Partner will build programs and processes that empower crewmembers to develop a career that supports their personal and professional goals, while inspiring them to live our purpose and positively impact the world.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, build, implement and evolve future-oriented, inclusive talent management programs and processes that grow organizational capability including but not limited to performance management, talent review / succession planning, leadership development, crewmember engagement, career development and workforce planning
- Project manage programs end-to-end, including project plan creation, execution, and tracking of desired outcomes and results
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional teams and vendor partners to implement various systems or processes to deliver scalable, reliable talent data, information, and solutions
- Design and deliver solutions that enable business readiness to ensure successful business transformation and institute meaningful metrics that measure the impact of talent initiatives and identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Build an organizational leadership competency framework in partnership with People partners and senior leadership, that will serve as a foundational resource that aligns to our organizational values, and supports our mission and vision for growth
- Validate core organizational & leadership competencies and build aligned development assessments, career pathing and planning approaches that further
- Partner with the People Partners, Senior Leadership and other Talent Development team members to design, develop and sustain effective leadership development activities such as 360 assessments, leadership coaching, leadership assimilations, mentoring programs, team development initiatives, etc.
- Design performance management tools and processes in alignment with the performance development philosophy that support best practices in delivering feedback and coaching as well as targeted development for high-potential team members.
- Partner with People Partners to identify crewmember performance gaps and in partnership with the Learning and Development team to identify options for addressing them.
- Oversee and lead talent review and succession processes that to support the business in identifying opportunities/challenges and ensure the company is building capabilities for the future
- Assist with the design and delivery of team-building and strategic planning retreats and facilitated discussions
- Consults with management on performance, organizational and leadership matters. Conducts needs assessments to determine measures required to enhance crewmember job performance and overall company performance.
- Lead annual performance management process, including continuous improvement of strategy, process, forms, tools/resources, communication plan, and timeline.
What You Bring to the Table:
- Leveling for this role will be as follows:
- Senior Organizational Development Partner- bachelor’s degree in related field i.e., HR or master’s degree in I/O Psychology. 5+ years relevant experience leading the implementation of effective Performance Management, Talent Review, Succession Planning, Competency Frameworks and Career Pathing
- Organizational Development Partner- bachelor’s degree in related field i.e., HR or master’s degree in I/O Psychology. 3-5 years relevant experience supporting the implementation of effective Performance management, Talent Review, Succession Planning, Competency Frameworks and Career Pathing
- Collaborative thought leader and change agent
- Continuous learner with an execution-driven mindset
- Ability to build trusted relationships with senior leaders
- Experience designing talent processes in corporate and manufacturing environments
- Excellent communication, influencing, interpersonal, relationship building and team collaboration skills
- Leadership assessment design experience including integrating assessments with learning and talent programs
- Able to translate business needs into talent programs that make a difference
- Think strategically to create a big picture impact, yet work tactically with a focus on execution and attention to detail
What’s in it for You:
- Be part of a movement to bring ethically produced food to the table
- Work in a Mission-focused environment alongside passionate colleagues
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Companywide bonus program
- Generous retirement contributions
- Free eggs, butter, and ghee, along with friends and family discounts
- Fun team SWAG
- Learning and Development team dedicated to your growth