Order Entry Analyst – Annuities (Charlotte, NC (Hybrid) or Remote)
Location: Charlotte, NC, US, 28277
Where you’ll work:
Our flexible, hybrid work model offers the option to work remotely or in the office.
How you’ll contribute:
As an Industry Automation consultant, you’ll be responsible for working with both internal and external partners to provide an electronic new business experience for Distribution partners. This role reports to the Director of Industry Automation. This position will be responsible for requirements gathering and some system programming for the new business processes offered via order entry vendor software for Brighthouse Financial annuity and life products. In addition, this role will engage with industry partners to analysis Operational impacts of new regulations and industry trends to both new business and in force processes and ensure that Brighthouse Financial is meeting partner obligations for these regulations and trends.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Serve as subject matter expert for the electronic application entry process and technology including but not limited to AnnuityNet, Affirm and Firelight, possessing a strong understanding of both the Brighthouse application entry process and of industry trends and usage.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve order entry related production issues reported from internal and/or external partners.
- Work with internal Product Development partners during the introduction of new annuity products to develop, implement, and test requirements for the electronic order entry and/or data exchange processes.
- Work with external Distributor partners who are launching a Brighthouse Financial annuity product within the electronic new business process and/or data exchange process to implement and test any Distributor-specific requirements. In addition, provide ongoing support to Distributors of both/either process.
- Working with internal compliance partners on regulation changes that impact the automation processes to develop, implement and test requirements for the order entry platforms as necessary to stay in compliance with regulations.
- Identify opportunities to enhance existing processes in an effort to increase efficiency.
- Establish working relationships with vendor partners to engage and liaison when support is needed from such partners to meet Brighthouse Financial requirements.
We’re looking for people who have:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the annuity and/or insurance industry. Desired focus on New Business process and knowledge of annuity products.
- Desired 2 years’ experience with business requirement development, user acceptance testing, and project management processes.
- Experience in XML coding or similar language is a plus.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience with annuity order entry software including Firelight, Affirm and AnnuityNet.
- Comfortable working on a dynamic team with shifting responsibilities.
- Organizational and written/verbal communication skills for coordinating and monitoring deliverables and status.
- Negotiation skills and ability to influence, gain consensus, and cultivate strategic internal relationships with individuals at various levels throughout the organization.
- Analytical capabilities and business judgment. Operates effectively in the face of ambiguity.
- Ability to effectively manage several concurrent projects and prioritize appropriately.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Research shows some people may not apply for a role if they don’t check all the boxes of a job description. If you don’t check every box listed, that’s okay. We would love to hear from you.
What you’ll receive:
- Compensation Base salary ranging from $65,000 – $75,000 plus competitive performance-based incentives determined by company and individual results.
- Flexible Work Environment Work remotely or in the office to better thrive in all areas of life.
- Paid Time Off Recharge with a minimum of 20 days of paid time off and 16 paid company holidays per calendar year plus paid volunteer time and paid study time.
- Financial Health Work toward achieving your financial goals through our 401(k) savings plan with company match (up to 6%) and annual company nondiscretionary contribution (3%), 15% employee stock purchase plan discount, and financial counseling services.
- Health and Wellness Enjoy competitive medical, vision, and dental plans plus tax-free health savings accounts with potential company contributions up to $1,000 per family.
- Family Support Care for loved ones with up to 16 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up dependent care, dependent care flexible spending account, and up to a $25,000 lifetime maximum during your adoption, infertility, or surrogacy journey.
- Life and Disability Support Gain access to company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability insurance.
The company and your department may occasionally gather in person throughout the year to foster a culture of belonging and promote team building. We’d love for you to join us during those company-wide and department-wide events to help you strengthen connections across the company.
Why join us?
Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security. Our company is one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S.,* and we specialize in products designed to help people protect what they’ve earned and ensure it lasts.
We empower employees to collaborate, bring their passion to work, and make an impact. Our inclusive work environment fosters a culture that celebrates diverse backgrounds and experiences. You can find out more about our company culture by visiting brighthousefinancial.com/about-us/careers/.
We’re proud to be a Fortune 500 company** and recognized as one of the Healthiest Employers of Greater Charlotte by the Charlotte Business Journal. We’re also honored to be named to Newsweek’s list of Most Trustworthy Companies in America.
* Ranked by 2022 admitted assets. Best’s Review: Top 200 U.S. Life/Health Insurers. AM Best, 2023.
** From FORTUNE 2023 Fortune Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune 500 are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse the products or services of, Brighthouse Financial.