Nurse Case Manager
United States – Remote
job requisition id
Medical Case Manager – CT08GE
We’re determined to make a difference and are proud to be an insurance company that goes well beyond coverages and policies. Working here means having every opportunity to achieve your goals – and to help others accomplish theirs, too. Join our team as we help shape the future.
As Nurse Case Manager, we seek to improve on our patients’ abilities! This position is part of a dynamic, fast-paced team of experienced Nurse Case Manager located remotely across the United States.
The ideal candidate for the Nurse Case Manager role will oversee Workers’ Compensation claims with complex medical conditions referred for medical assessment, clarification of limitations/restrictions or case management. On average, a Nurse Case Manager shall handle 50-60 cases with a moderate degree of complexity and acuity of medical condition. This individual will have the opportunity to collaborate with claims staff, the injured worker, an employer, and other healthcare professionals to promote quality medical care with a focus on returning our patients back to work. Our goal is to achieve optimum, cost-effective medical and vocational outcomes.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Through the use of clinical tools, telephonic interviews, and clinical information/data, completes assessments that will take into account information from various sources to address all conditions including biopsychosocial, co-morbid and multiple diagnoses that impact recovery and return to work.
- Leverages critical thinking, extensive clinical knowledge, experience, and skills in a collaborative process to develop a comprehensive strategy for the injured worker to become medically stable and/or return to work.
- Independently identifies complex situations where communication with internal and/or external partners is needed to reach a full understanding of the factors involved with the assessment of the mechanism of injury, causality, and ability to return to work.
- Application, Interpretation and Compliance with clinical criteria and guidelines, applicable policies and procedures, regulatory standards, and jurisdictional guidelines to determine eligibility and integration with available internal/external resources and programs.
- Using holistic approach to focus on medical and ability management activities resulting in accurate and timely treatment and return to work.
- Consults with supervisor and others to address and problem solve barriers to meeting goals and objectives, participate in roundtables and claim meetings with claim partners to focus and benefit overall claim management.
- RN with current unrestricted state licensure required.
- Associate degree in nursing required.
- 3 years clinical practice experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred, but not required.
- Certification as a CCM (CDMS, CRC, CVE and/or current CRRN), or willingness to pursue.
- Workers Compensation case management experience preferred.
- Basic Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office Products including Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point); which includes navigating multiple systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate telephonically and in written form.
- Sedentary work involving periods of sitting, talking, listening. Work requires sitting for extended periods, talking on the telephone, and typing on the computer.
- Work requires the ability to perform close inspection of handwritten and computer-generated documents as well as a PC monitor.
- Ability to synthesize large volumes of medical records & facilitate multi-point care coordination.
- Must meet productivity & quality expectations.
- Ability to organize and prioritize daily work independently and effectively.
- Strategic thinking.
- Customer focus.
- Business knowledge.
- Problem solving.
- Collaboration – partnership.
- Decision making skills.
- Communication skills.
Start date: 4/29/2024
- This role can have a Hybrid or Remote work arrangement. Candidates who live near one of our offices and will have the expectation of working in an office 3 days a week (Tuesday through Thursday). Candidates who do not live near an office will have a remote work arrangement, with the expectation of coming into an office as business needs arise.
For full-time, occasional, part-time, or remote positions: (1) high speed broadband internet service is required, we do not recommend or support DSL, wireless, Mifi, Hotspots, Fiber without a modem and Satellite; (2) Internet provider supplied modem/router/gateway is hardwired to the Hartford issued computer with an ethernet cable; and (3) minimum upload/download speeds of 5Mbps/30Mbps will be required. To confirm whether your Internet system has sufficient speeds, please visit http://www.speedtest.net from your personal computer.
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartford’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The annualized base pay range for this role is:
$67,680 – $101,520
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age