Title: Medication Coordinator (1099 Contract)
Location: Remote (United States)
At Cerebral, we’re on a mission to democratize access to high-quality mental health care for all. We believe that everyone everywhere deserves to get the care they need, and are striving to make care convenient and accessible, while tackling the stigmas that surround mental illness.
Since launching in January of 2020, Cerebral has scaled to provide mental health services to more than 700,000 people in all fifty US states. With support from investors like SoftBank, Silver Lake, Access Industries, Bill Ackman, WestCap, and others, and impactful leaders like you, we’ll continue to democratize mental health care and double down on clinical quality and deliver exceptional client outcomes for years to come. With a heavy focus on clinical quality and safety in all that we do, we’ve accomplished excellent outcomes for hundreds of thousands of clients:
- 82% of clients report an improvement in their anxiety symptoms after using Cerebral.
- 75% of clients who report improvement in their depression see improvement within 60 days.
- 50% of clients who initially report suicidal ideation no longer harbor suicidal thoughts after treatment with Cerebral.
This is just the beginning for Cerebral, and we won’t stop building, growing, and iterating until everyone, everywhere can access high-quality, evidence-based mental health care without high costs and/or long wait times. We’re looking for mission-driven leaders who share these values, and we need your help as we transform access to high-quality mental health care in the United States and beyond.
As a Medication Coordinator at Cerebral, you will support the successful administration of our Medication Management program. The right individual for the role should feel comfortable operating independently and remotely, and working alongside medical providers to ensure timely and accurate medication delivery. As the bridge between the medical teams, support teams, and counseling teams, this individual should feel empowered to request updates from key stakeholders or elevate any concerns. We are looking for a sharp individual with a keen eye for detail. If you can spot a different size font while copyediting, or get agitated when people do not capitalize their names on forms – This is the role for you!
Who you are:
- MA or Pharmacy Technician Certification or licensure is not required, but is preferred
- Experience working in a fast-paced or startup environment a plus
- Former professional experience in an administrative or clinical function
- Preferable to working weekends on a rotating schedule, but is not required
- Always acts first in consideration of client safety and wellbeing
- Detail-oriented and likes to follow a process
- Clear written communicator
- Advanced proficiency using a computer and ability to learn how to use new computer programs quickly (e.g. Slack, Dosespot)
- Feels comfortable making judgment calls or seeking support from others
- Basic knowledge or understanding of common medications for mental health management
How your skills and passion will come to life at Cerebral:
- Triage incoming client request for refills of medication; escalating to RN’s or Prescribers as needed
- Utilize problem-solving skills to troubleshoot medication related issues at client’s preferred local pharmacy, or through in-house delivery pharmacy to ensure no medication gaps.
- Complete insurance related task; i.e. Prior Authorizations
What we offer:
- Mission-driven impact:
- Shape the future of the #1 largest and fastest growing online mental health care company in the world
- Build a platform that is improving the lives and well-being of hundreds of thousands of people (and counting)
- Join a community of high achievers who have a passion for promoting mental health
- Path to develop & grow:
- Bi-annual performance reviews & opportunities for promotions – as Cerebral grows, so should you. We build your goals together and forge a career path that is right for you
- Remote-first model: Work virtually from anywhere in the US
- Competitive compensation & benefits:
- Total compensation includes equity/stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401k with employer match to all employees
- Unlimited PTO – we encourage taking the time you need to relax and recharge
- Top-tier wellness benefits and perks, including bi-quarterly mental health days (8 per year), No-Meeting-Wednesdays, holistic monthly wellness stipend, and access to on-demand health & wellness content
- Culture & connectivity:
- Virtual social events (e.g., happy hours) enable us to build a sense of community and connect on a more personal level
- Monthly peer-to-peer recognition allowance via Bonusly allows team members to reward one another for values-aligned contributions
- Optional in-person company retreats provide an opportunity to augment team-building and celebrate our successes together
Who we are (our company values):
- Client-first Focus – relentless focus on advancing the quality of care, clinical experience, and patient safety
- Ethics & Integrity – do what is right and demonstrate ethical principles, even when no one is watching
- Commitment – accountable for fully delivering on commitments to our clients and each other
- Impact & Quality – make a positive impact and deliver high quality outcomes, based on data and evidence
- Empathy – act compassionately, listen to seek understanding, and cultivate psychological safety with clients and colleagues
- Collaboration – achieve our goals together as a united team, strengthened by mutual openness, trust, and diversity of thought
- Thoughtful Innovation – continuously evolve our ability to deliver on our mission, prioritizing long-term, strategic bets over short-term gains