Medical School Tutor – The United States Medical Licensing Examination, Comprehensive, Course Work
Location: US – Remote
Blueprint Test Prep is hiring medical school tutors to join our growing team of educators. Our tutors deliver the best online learning experiences and life-changing score improvement results. As one of our tutors, you will prepare students for USMLE exams, COMLEX exams, or med school coursework.
Interested in USMLE Step 1 and 2? Applicants should be able to provide at least one (1) of the following:
- NBME CBSSA with projected score >250 or probability of passing 99%
- USMLE Step 2 CK Score Report >90th Percentile
- USMLE Step 1 Score Report >90th Percentile
We understand that not every applicant whose skills would be an excellent fit for our students will be able to provide one of the credentials above. Applicants who do not meet the listed criteria can apply by providing a passing score report from Step 1 and/or Step 2CK, in addition to any two (2) of the following:
- Medical school transcript (or screen capture of medical school online score portal)
- Practice assessment score report other than CBSSA (e.g., UWorld score report)
- Screen capture of representative performance from a test prep resource (e.g., image of Qbank % correct)
- Qualitative evaluation of prior teaching experience (e.g., formal teaching evaluation)
What You’ll Do
- Help future doctors achieve life-changing scores on the USMLE, COMLEX, or coursework through one-on-one tutoring.
- Serve as a mentor to your students, guiding them through their prep process.
- Get to nerd out over fun med school topics.
- Contribute to the future of Blueprints med school tutoring curriculum development initiatives.
- Opportunity for growth and involvement, such as mentorship or leadership roles.
Who You Are
- YOUVE TAUGHT OR TUTORED BEFORE. We love hiring tutors with any sort of educational experience.
- YOU CRUSHED YOUR USMLE OR COMLEX SCORE. You passed your tests with flying colors (COMLEX 650+).
- YOU OBSESS OVER STUDENT OUTCOMES. You believe in the power of good instruction. You know whats at stake and you understand what it takes to help students succeed. You thrive on feedback and cant wait to coach your students to success.
- YOU KNOW EXAMS ARE PREPPABLE. You look at standardized tests as puzzles that can be solved. You love to show people how to break down complex material so it becomes accessible, doable, and fun. You enjoyed preparing for the USMLE or COMLEX and want your students to do the same.
- YOU THRIVE TEACHING STUDENTS. You know that each student begins with different strengths, and youre committed to empowering students to build learning and test-taking skills that they will carry with them to Test Day and beyond! Youre confident using a webcam and penpad, engaging students via a remote tutoring platform.
Life at Blueprint
Were Blueprint! We live at the intersection of education and technology. We use technology and powerful data to create personalized and innovative learning experiences. Our team is passionate about education and its ability to improve lives. Our learners hold us to a high standard, and we do the same with each other. We thrive on change, we are passionate about improvement, we practice trust-based vulnerability, and we are committed to a culture of freedom and responsibility. We get a lot done, and we have a lot of fun doing it.
- Meaning. Do meaningful work that has a positive impact on society.
- Influence. Good ideas win, and we value contributions from everyone.
- Innovation. Its central to who we are and everything we do.
- Growth. We are always learning and you will sharpen your skills.
- Performance. We set aspirational goals and make them happen.
- Low ego. High energy! Thats our recipe for success.
- Autonomy. We thrive with freedom and responsibility.
- Flexibility. We trust our people to do phenomenal work without unnecessary rules.
- Remote first. And not going back.
- Competitive salary at a growing company
- Remote-first work environment allowing for flexibility
- Potential for ongoing performance bonuses
- Continual learning and mentoring opportunities
- Access to Rosh Review, Cram Fighter, AAMC materials, and more
- Discounts on admission consulting packages
- Access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) match
- Parental leave benefits
- Volunteer opportunities
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform crucial job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Final compensation is based on candidate experience and relevant certifications/qualifications.
US – Remote, Hourly