Medical Question Writer – Pediatrics
Who We Are
At Osmosis, we believe that everyone who cares for someone can learn by Osmosis. Our global team’s mission is to empower clinicians and caregivers with the best learning experience possible, increase healthcare capacity, and ultimately improve patient outcomes. In 2021, Osmosis partnered with Elsevier – the world’s leading publisher. This combined partnership will help us reach our goal of educating a billion people by 2025. Together, we are creating a more caring world by developing the most caring people. We are looking for candidates who have 10-30 hours a week to devote to this work.
What You’ll Do
Medical Question Writers are experts in clinical medical education in their specific speciality: Pediatrics. As a part of the Osmosis team, you will create board-style practice questions for our new Pediatrics series within our Clinical Sciences project. We are looking for passionate clinical educators to have an impact in the creation of clinically-relevant content, accessible to a first-time medical learner.
- Write realistic clinical vignettes and comprehensive explanations that follow the Osmosis style guide, including adhering to Osmosis standards for inclusive language
- Review and edit your questions as needed at the recommendation of the Question Editors with a focus on clinical accuracy, precision, readability, and educational value
- Work with medical illustration team to create images and figures highlighting important medical concepts or disease processes
- Attend team meetings as needed and regular check-ins with the question writing team and Director of Medical Assessment
- Identify and complete other tasks as needed
What You Bring
- Terminal medical degree earned within the U.S. (Required)
- Successful completion of USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 exams (Required)
- Completion of at least one year of Pediatrics residency training within the U.S. (Required)
- The ability to dedicate about 10-30 hours of work a week
- Medical question writing experience (Required)
- Excellent writing, editing, and copy-editing skills
- Track record of effective collaboration and proven leadership
- Commitment to the organizational mission of transforming medical education to better serve educators and learners
How You Work
- Mission and Value Aligned. You resonate with our organizational values. You are motivated to help us achieve our common goals and vision!
- Adaptable. You are flexible and versatile with changes to projects, goals, and strategies. You are comfortable working in an entirely virtual environment.
- Proactive. You seek out new ways to problem-solve both solo or with your team members.
- Growth mindset-oriented. You work through change and obstacles to reach resolutions and constantly seek new knowledge.
- Solutions Oriented. You love proposing solutions and lean towards problem-solving action.
- Reliable. You hold yourself accountable and take ownership for mistakes.
- Caring Communicator. You know the importance of clear, thoughtful communication in a fully distributed environment.