Medical Coding Specialist
Fully Remote United States Revenue Cycle Management
OpenLoop is looking for a Medical Coding Specialist to join our team remotely or at our HQ in Des Moines, IA. This role will be a member of the Revenue Cycle Management team reporting to the RCM Director.
About the Role
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support Revenue Cycle Management Team by auditing physician coding and clinical documentation for correct code assignment and medical necessity support.
- Timely resolution of insurance claims including appeals and other similar items
- Act as a resource for documentation, coding, claim review/submission process, billing questions, and accounts receivable by staying up-to-date with local, state, federal laws, regulations, and guidelines
- Queries and follows up with providers when charts need updating in order to apply the most appropriate coding for the procedures performed
- Prepares and submits clean claims to various insurance payers both electronic and paper.
- Works with patients to review billing issues and process outstanding balances.
- Contact insurance carriers to verify eligibility and authorizations.
- Answering patient or insurance coding inquiries via telephone.
OpenLoop was co-founded by CEO, Dr. Jon Lensing, and COO, Christian Williams, with the vision to bring healing anywhere. Our telehealth support solutions are thoughtfully designed to streamline and simplify go-to-market care delivery for companies offering meaningful virtual support to patients across an expansive array of specialties, in all 50 states.
Our Company Culture
We have a relatively flat organizational structure here at OpenLoop. Everyone is encouraged to bring ideas to the table and make things happen. This fits in well with our core values of Autonomy, Competence and Belonging, as we want everyone to feel empowered and supported to do their best work.
In addition to competitive salaries, this role includes:
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401K Program
- Flexible Schedule
Sound like a good fit? We’d love to meet you.
- Understanding of EOB and remittance advises
- Must have a clear understanding of medical necessity
- Good communication, organizational and time management skills
- Familiarity with Evaluation and Management coding
- 3+ years of Revenue Cycle Experience
- CPC preferred
- Telemedicine coding experience preferred