Medical Coder II (Radiation Oncology)
job requisition id
At GenesisCare we want to hear from people who are as passionate as we are about innovation and working together to drive better life outcomes for patients around the world.
This is a part-time remote radiation oncology coding role.
This position, under limited supervision, reviews, analyzes and assures the final diagnosis and procedures as stated by the practicing providers are valid and complete. Accurately codes office and hospital procedures for providers to ensure proper reimbursement. Responsible for coding, chart compliance, auditing and collections support. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years coding experience in a hospital or medical office setting.
- Confirm patient demographic, insurance and referring physician information is accurately entered into practice management system.
- Confirm insurance verifications and authorizations, as required.
- Communicate with Financial Counselors regarding insurance authorizations and referrals.
- Review daily physician schedules and evaluate Evaluation & Management (E&M) levels for appropriate complexity assigning the correct CPT code.
- Enter all CPT and ICD-10 coding into practice management system timely and accurately for code capture.
- Accurately follows coding guidelines and legal requirements to ensure compliance with federal and state regulatory bodies.
- Enter all word codes into practice management system per company policy and procedures.
- Follow established check and balance systems to ensure complete and accurate code capture.
- Respond to audit findings and make applicable coding additions or corrections.
- Review Medicare Local Coverage Determinations (LCDs) and Medicare bulletin updates and Medicare NCCI.
- Update practice management system patient’s account notes with any changes made to patient information or as otherwise dictated by company policy and procedure.
- Confirm all documentation required for coding is complete and meets required regulations.
- Attends seminars and in-services as required to remain current on coding issues.
- Perform coding work requiring independent judgment with speed and accuracy.
- Examining and verifying coding errors through audits.
- Required In-services.
- Communicating clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
- Ability to use the computer.
- Understanding and carrying out verbal and written directions.
- Follow 21st Century Oncology’s policies and procedures.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision.
GenesisCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.