Red Carrot is seeking a Media Analyst to conduct news media monitoring. This is a remote/telecommute role that requires an early morning start to meet the media report deadlines.
This role requires the individual to work remotely from 4:00 am – 6:00 am. The other hours can be shifted. Also requires working weekends.
Reports include all media types; Reports must be current with updated data included an hour before the deadline.
- Identify and clip agency-relevant news articles. News clips are primarily collected using platforms such as Meltwater and LexisNexis
- News Clips will be sorted into groups and listed under applicable headers; the analyst will be responsible for listing each group of articles by importance under each header based on their understanding of news of the day, issues of importance to the agency, and agency priorities
- The news clips will need to be summarized
- Find and review articles and broadcasts from all major and daily newspapers, national television, cable news, most local television markets, newsweeklies, relevant magazines and technical journals, Internet sites, specialty and trade press, etc.
- Determine which aspects of each story, if any, are important to the client and edit out all information (not stories, but parts of stories) that are redundant or irrelevant.
- Ensure all content is fresh, with a very low incidence of day-old news
- Search news stories for presentation in the briefings daily based on keywords and phrases and refine the keywords and phrases as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- Must have experience in media monitoring
- Must have at least a bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
- The ability to successfully organize, prioritize, and manage multiple concurrent projects
- Strong writing and editing skills, with the ability to distill complex information and produce concise analyses and summaries of news topics
- Knowledge of traditional media monitoring tools/practices
- Working knowledge of social listening tools such as Meltwater, LexisNexis, or predecessor tools.
- Must be able to work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft 365