Title: Math Tutor
Location: United States
At Littera Education, our mission supports equitable, high-quality tutoring reaching students in school districts across the United States.
Littera Education is seeking virtual math tutors (grade levels 4-11) for rapid onboarding! Apply now for a January session start!
If you are qualified, interested, and ready to complete your application we invite you to apply today!
- Littera is seeking tutors available to open a minimum of four weekdays on a week to week basis. This allows the platform to consider the calendar for a long term series booking on the same days and times from week to week.
- Tutors can choose to open their availability calendar for four days within the days of Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and/or Friday.
- Littera tutoring takes place between the hours of 8:00 am ET and 9:00 pm ET.
- Tutors need consistent week to week availability
Please note, this is a remote contract position and is not full-time. This role is perfect for you if you are interested in earning supplemental income with a flexible schedule that you choose, Littera does not require or guarantee a set number of hours per week.
What will you do as a Littera tutor?
- Indicate the days/times you are available to tutor Monday to Friday
- Complete curriculum reviews for the lesson content you would like to use in sessions
- Meet with students virtually in a 1:1 – 1:3 setting
- Build relationships with students located across the United States
- Impact a student’s learning experience!
How are tutors scheduled?
- Littera tutors set their availability in their tutor dashboard. The platform begins to seek to match a tutor with an ongoing program series and considers the tutors selected grade levels and subjects, as well as curriculum orientations completed at Littera. Curriculum is provided for all sessions.
- The platform may match a tutor with a tutoring series quickly, or the platform may continue to search for a match for the tutor over a number of weeks or longer, based on the incoming student subjects/levels/schedule and the tutor profile.
Littera prioritizes a consistent student:tutor relationship. Tutors with consistent calendar availability, week to week, at the same times, are matched with the same student(s) a few times each week, for a series of weeks, as part of the ongoing tutoring program.
- Relevant experience working with school-age learners in some capacity
- Consistent calendar ongoing availability that will support a session series from week to wee
- Ability to effectively instruct and engage students with clear communication and build rapport
- A high comfort level with online virtual tools and technology
- Desktop or Laptop using the Chrome browser, a video camera, a reliable/stable internet connection, and a headset with a microphone. We recommend a hard-wired high-speed internet connection and a noise canceling headset
- A college degree is required. Current college students are welcome to also apply with relevant experience. Note, Littera is unable to hire tutors working in the US on F1 visas
- Littera is a Google company. If offered employment, you will be asked to provide, or set up, a gmail account to help ensure access to all documents and materials.
- 100% remote work
- Choose your subjects and grade levels
- Set your own weekday calendar availability.
- Substitute tutors are available should you need coverage within a scheduled tutoring series.
- Tutor general math sessions and/or English or Reading sessions at the rate of $18 per hour
- Optional: Complete an algebra assessment to tutor a high school Algebra I session series with a pay rate of $22 per hour.