Zenni Optical, the world’s leading online eyewear retailer, pioneered the industry in 2003 with a mission to make prescription eyewear affordable and accessible to everyone. Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Zenni offers adults and children the freedom to express their personal style through high-quality prescription and protective eyewear curated with a sense for fashion and incredible selection. With over 51 million frames sold worldwide, the company has brought massive price disruption to the traditional retail model. Zenni is proud to be the Official Eyewear of the San Francisco 49ers, Boston Celtics, and Columbus Crew. Zenni has worked with designers and tastemakers on curations and collections, including Keke Palmer, Iris Apfel, Cynthia Rowley, David Ortiz, and George and Claire Kittle. Zenni VR Prescription Lenses for Meta Quest 3 launched across the U.S., Canada, UK, and Japan in October 2023.
Zenni is experiencing rapid growth and transformation, and we are currently seeking a talented Copywriter to join our in-house creative team. In this role, you will leverage your creative expertise to convey ideas, inform customers, and solve problems through compelling copy.
As a Copywriter, you will provide copywriting guidance and leadership across various creative channels, including email, social media, web content, packaging, retail, out-of-home advertising, events, and more. You will also act as the copywriter for all major calendar moments and collaborate with the Art Director to develop monthly and quarterly tier campaigns, promotions, and brand initiatives. Your exceptional writing skills will play a pivotal role in shaping our brand identity and driving customer engagement.
What we want you to own in this role:
- Develop and execute creative and compelling copy for various marketing campaigns and initiatives, including web content, email, paid/organic social, promotional events, and more, to support ongoing sales goals and drive product sales.
- Brainstorm concepts and develop messaging hierarchy, working with marketing and other creative departments to create on-brand communication strategies.
- Collaborate closely with design team to create cohesive and visually appealing content to effectively communicate our brand messaging and drive audience engagement.
- Partner with the Copy Lead to establish a clear brand identity, generate creative ideas, and develop concepts that align with marketing objectives and support overall brand initiatives.
- Write clear, persuasive, error-free, original copy for marketing campaigns, product naming, product descriptions, and romance copy for seasonal promotions, including collaborations and partnership initiatives.
- Revise, modify, or rework messaging based on feedback received from internal stakeholders to ensure alignment with brand objectives and overall communication goals.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing, design, and product, to develop and implement cohesive messaging strategies that resonate with our target audience and drive results.
- BS/BA in English or Journalism preferred. Equivalent experience also accepted.
- 3+ years’ copywriting experience for a consumer-facing brand.
- Experience writing for a lifestyle brand in the eyewear or e-commerce fashion/beauty industries preferred.
- Flawless writing skills, spelling, grammar, attention to detail, and copy editing experience.
- Experience utilizing a strong brand identity and a 360 approach to drive direct response.
- Strong interpersonal skills, loves to collaborate with team members.
- An excellent understanding of how to apply brand tone and messaging to various channels, as well as a desire to push the boundaries where needed.
- An individual who understands pop culture and keeps updated with what’s new in fashion and technology.
- Organized and can efficiently manage time while flexing between multiple projects seamlessly and maintaining clear communication.
- Experience in JIRA or other project management programs preferred.
- A highly competitive base salary
- A great career trajectory in a stable, successful, growing company
- Cutting-edge projects with opportunities for growth and professional development
- Excellent health benefits that the company pays for and 401k company match
- Annual Zenni Gift Card
- Great work-life balance
As of 01/01/2024, the expected annual compensation range for this position is $80,000 to 90,000 USD. Actual pay within this range will be based upon several factors, including, without limitation, education, work experience, certifications, geographic pay differentials, market conditions, and other business and organizational needs. The Company anticipates that the reasonably expected salary for this position could change in the future and, therefore, the Company retains the right to change, modify, or revisit the salary range for the position for various reasons, including the Company’s business needs.