Location: US Locations Only; 100% Remote
Evergreen Counseling is a boutique, 18-clinician, trauma-informed therapy center located in the heart of Berkeley, California but serving clients all over California.
We’re excited to partner with a Marketing Assistant who will support the growth of Evergreen Counseling via established community-based and digital marketing efforts and also establishing new community-based and digital marketing efforts to expand our services.
As an organization, our culture and brand is warm, trauma-informed, excellent, relational, and inclusive.
The right partner for us is someone who is warm, highly professional, detail-oriented, self-motivated and self-managing, who truly cares about helping those who are struggling and wants to partner with a woman-owned, anti-racist, inclusive, progressive therapy center to get our services known more in the community.
We would like to find a Marketing Assistant who has a solid understanding of service-based marketing both in the community and digitally and who is eager to grow in those skills and hopefully become a long-term team player with us.
The successful candidate is one who embodies those values and possesses the following qualities:
- Highly professional, responsive, reliable, and accountable.
- Truly loves networking with and connecting with people regularly.
- Polished and confident communicator, able to represent a well-reputed business as the “face.”
- Happy to work in a small business where no task is above any of us.
- Extremely detail-oriented with a sharp eye to spot typos, grammatical errors, and the smallest mistakes with ease.
- Well-organized, efficient, and content to take on repetitive tasks and can envision how to streamline procedures.
- Experienced with organizing and coordinating many moving parts and improving systems and structures to be both best practice and as efficient as possible.
- Tech-savvy, able to easily navigate cloud software and spreadsheets and/or is a quick learner in these areas.
- A proactive problem-solver – someone who comes to the table with solutions and not just problems.
- Genuinely cares about helping people who are struggling and connecting them to helpful thoughtful resources.
- Wants to be in a work environment that feels like a family, where excellence and rigor in our work is balanced with warmth and humanity.
Nice to haves:
- Good understanding of common marketing KPIs including building KPI dashboards for maximum ROI.
- Comfortable staying up-to-date with the latest social media trends, technologies, and best practices.
- Familiarity with video content creation, editing, and leveraging for social media.
- Creative in finding ways to repurpose various content for use on social media and generally online.
- Eager to grow in leadership and possibly take on other interns or externs under them.
- Strategy Development: Working alongside the center’s owner, develop a rigorous, multimedia digital and community-based marketing strategy with existing strategies and new, other, yet-to-be pursued strategies. Build this into workflows, MarComms calendars, and projects.
- Social Media Marketing: Help develop and execute our marketing and social media strategies while incorporating uniformity in the brand’s tone and content.
- Social Media Management: Manages and grows our current marketing channels including: Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn, using our social media management tools: Taplink and Planoly. Develops new social media channel(s) for us on TikTok, Youtube, and other platforms salient to our client population.
- Graphic Design: Designs digital marketing assets using templates pre-made from our design and our brand guidelines in Canva.
- Content Creation: Develops engaging hard copy and digital content about the practice, our services, current/new staff, industry events/partnerships, psychoeducational content. Re-purposes a wealth of evergreen blog content into informative social graphics and posts and listserve announcements.
- Community Referral Partner Outreach and Nurturance: Using a strategy pre-established, conduct regular outreach, research, curate, track, nurture, and manage referral sources to generate leads for the center.
- Analytics: Develop KPI dashboards and leverage existing lead information to best understand sources and how to maximize our ROI with them. Use analytics to monitor and hone campaigns for efficacy. Keeps up with the latest marketing trends and areas for growth.
- CRM Management: Utilize and optimize the center’s CRM and Google Contac lists to best organize and manage relationships and referral sources, upkeep data entry so lists are clear and efficient and organized for marketing efforts.
- Email Marketing: Create, design, write, stacks, test, and monitor performance of monthly or ad hoc email campaigns via ActiveCampaign.
- Other Marketing Tasks and Special Projects As Assigned: Other marketing tasks and projects as assigned as we develop and co-create marketing and communications and community outreach initiatives.
Prior experience with any of these tools and platforms is a definite plus:
- Social media platforms including: Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Youtube, LinkedIn, Google Business.
- Graphic design software such as: Canva.
- Social media management tools such as: Planoly and Taplink.
- Email marketing tools such as: ActiveCampaign and Google Contacts.
- Project management systems such as: Asana.
- Video and video editing tools such as Loom, etc.
- Google suite.
- This is a 40/hour week W2 position with full benefits for the right candidate who demonstrates excellence and results.
- $20/hour to begin, room to grow with demonstrated results.
- Some schedule flexibility as long as a portion of each workday overlaps with the founder’s 8am-4pm PST schedule.
- Must be very tech-savvy and own a reliable computer, a reliable phone, and have a reliable, fast internet connection.
- Must have a quiet, undisturbed environment in which to work with a professional background against which to take video calls.
- Must be willing to sign a Business Associate Agreement indicating that you will treat clinical information with confidentiality.
- Must be willing to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement.
How to Apply:
In the subject line, please write, “Hi, I’m (your name) from (insert your city & state). I’m interested in the Evergreen Counseling Marketing Assistant position posted on (job board you found it on).”
In the body of the message, please write us a 15-sentence email including:
- Two-sentence opening salutation that says: “Hi there. I’m (your full name) from (city, state).”
- Paragraph #1: Reason(s) why you think this role is a great fit for you, including your general marketing experience and any specific service-based marketing experience you have. (black font, Sans Serif, 3 sentences)
- Paragraph #2: Tell us about your experience using social media and the social channels you have worked with as well as your experience in working with video (editing, leveraging on social media, etc). (red font, Garamond, 3 sentences)
- Paragraph #3: Tell us about your ability to work in an environment that expects excellence, efficiency, and where sometimes priorities can change quickly based on emergent needs from the founder. (blue font, Georgia, 3 sentences)
- Paragraph #4: Please the days and times that you are available to work and your best tips for staying organized when you have 30 different tasks that have to be completed/juggled. (black font, Tahoma, 3 sentences)
- One sentence closing providing the following:
- A closing salutation including your name, email address, phone number, and a link to your LinkedIn profile (if you have one). (green font, Verdana, 1 sentence)
Finally, we would love to ask for a short (5-10 mins) video from you where you tell us why you’re eager to apply your marketing skills to a therapy center and why the mental health care space is important to you and/or anything else you feel we should know about why you’re an ideal fit for this role. Feel free to include this as a link to a video somewhere that we can watch.
Location: US Locations Only