Title: Managing Editor
Location: United States (remote)
WHO ARE WE?
Launch Potato is a digital media company with a portfolio of brands and technologies. As The Discovery and Conversion Company, Launch Potato’s mission is to be the most innovative, tech-enabled media company connecting consumers to the world’s leading brands.
The company is headquartered in vibrant downtown Delray Beach, Florida, with a unique international team across over a dozen countries. Launch Potato’s success comes from a diverse, energetic culture and a high-performing, entrepreneurial team.
You will lead the execution of our content strategy, including editorial planning and content quality, production, and performance for All About Cookies, one of Launch Potato’s brands. You will ensure every piece of content meets our high editorial standards and is optimized for maximum results, both in terms of the business’ scale and our monetization goals.
You will manage the day-to-day execution of content production and have an exceptional understanding of content marketing and topics like cybersecurity, antivirus software, VPNs, and internet providers. The ideal candidate has a “get it done” attitude and can switch between hands-on tasks and strategic thinking with ease. A clear and direct communicator who thrives on solving hard problems, you will remove roadblocks and continually work to improve the team’s efficiency and skill.
You will manage our in-house editorial staff and provide regular constructive feedback. You should enjoy managing and facilitating a team of high achievers, as well as hiring new team members.
SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- High level: Grow AAC audience and revenue with a focus on organic search
- Contribute to content strategy and manage the site’s editorial calendar
- Manage and optimize the content publishing operation, ensuring content is produced on time and budget
- Create and maintain quarterly production, traffic, and goal reports
- Hire and mentor full-time editorial and writing talent
- Verify all content meets editorial and quality standards, including SEO best practices, tone, style, factual accuracy, and compliance
- Develop and optimize workflows, processes, documentation, training, and procedures
- Work closely with leadership to identify trends and new opportunities to grow scale and revenue
- Respond to media requests and serve as an ambassador of All About Cookies
- Liaise with teams across the company to collaborate on projects and share insights, specifically with but not limited to our Outreach team
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- 7+ years of relevant experience with digital content marketing
- 3+ years of experience with progressive management and team expansion
- Expertise in digital security and technology topics, particularly online privacy, antivirus, and internet
- Deep understanding of SEO and content marketing best practices
- Experience contributing to, managing, and executing an editorial calendar
- Experience using Google Analytics or similar tools to analyze and report on content performance
- Confident transforming performance data into content optimizations
- Experienced working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Proven experience editing content for monetization purposes
- Detail-oriented with strong project management skills
- Experience with Slack, Google Suite, and Asana (or similar)
- Basic knowledge of HTML