Title: Manager, Offboard Operations
One platform, a whole world of opportunity
Right now, the best jobs are limited to people in a handful of the world’s wealthiest cities, yet brilliant people are everywhere. Driven to overturn the status quo and distribute opportunities equally around the world, Oyster launched its global employment platform to help companies hire, pay, and care for talent anywhere.
When it comes to global employment, we walk the walk. We’re proof that companies don’t need an office to create a highly-engaged culture. Since the company’s inception in January 2020, Oyster has:
Created a fully-distributed, vibrant team of 500+ employees across 60+ countries
Established a diverse leadership team and an employee base that’s 60% female
Achieved one of the highest employee engagement scores in its class
Raised $150 million in Series C funding at a valuation of over $1 billion!
Our momentum speaks to the power of global employment and we’re just getting started! If you want to change the world with Oyster and be empowered to work remotely while doing so, we’d love for you to apply!
Location: While this position is posted in a specific location, all of Oyster’s positions are fully remote and you can work from home. Forever.
To create the best experience for our new hire (you?!) this role does require that you are based within UTC 0/+5 as you will be supporting the EMEA region.
Oyster is growing fast, and we are looking for an Offboarding Operations Manager to join our Customer Experience Departmentto help us build and deliver a fantastic support experience to our growing number of customers and team members.
You will manage a team of 5-10 Offboarding Specialists who are the face and voice of Oyster to our customers. Your role is dedicated to managing and developing our team of Specialists, who are ensuring customer and team member success. The support provided by your team is related to the offboarding process, sensitive HR matters and usage of the Oyster platform.
What you’ll do
You will manage an Offboarding team who are facilitating the important, and sensitive phase of the user journey where companies, local employers, and team members part ways. From time to time, and as required, you may also perform the responsibilities of the Offboarding Operations Specialist role, where required.
As our Manager, Offboard Operations, you will:
- Manage the team who are supporting customers and users of the Oyster platform which includes regular 121s to review performance, provide support and agree team and individual KPIs;
- Own the triage and allocation of new requests and queries and work to automate an allocation method based on factors such as capacity, skillset, priority to meet agreed service levels;
- Own a 1st line/2nd line escalation process to other teams e.g. Finance, People Services, through guidance to the team or providing an escalation point to the customer as needed, working collaboratively with other internal teams at Oyster to make this successful;
- Monitor quality of service using agreed metrics e.g. Time to Offboard, First Response TIme, cSAT, and proactively report to the team and management;
- Input into and support internal team learning & development plans to ensure new members of the team are trained, supported and effective in minimal time and current team members are continually upskilled;
- Own and drive a Knowledge Centered Support’ culture in the team including ownership of the customer facing Help Centre’ e.g. ensuring articles are up to date and impactful, and drive a reduction in queries over time;
- Be an Oyster product expert for all features which support global employment which includes active participation in roadmap planning, release testing, passing feedback from customers to Product which enhances the platform for all users.
What we’re looking for
- Appreciation for how quality processes, knowledge sharing and continual improvement practices can be used underpin a consistently delightful experience for the customer;
- A strong understanding of the importance of a human centric approach to customer support, while still focusing on scale and efficiency;
- Ability to form lasting relationships with both external customers and internal stakeholders;
- Proven to be autonomous, professional and empathic in approach, with high levels of motivation;
- Comfortable with a high pace work environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, determination and tenacity, along with a sense of humor
- Remote-first advocate and passionate about creating change in the future of work landscape
- Driven by the social impact mission and desire to use skills to influence global change and employment opportunities
- First class attention to detail and reasoning with extreme organization and a proven work ethic
- We are particularly looking for people who can support our team based in UTC 0/+5 as you will be supporting the EMEA region.
Attributes that are not required (but are a bonus)
- Prior people management in a fast-paced, customer-facing environment, ideally in Customer Support at a SaaS platform;
- Experience with managing the lifecycle of an employee, including handling of terminations and resignations
- Significant experience of owning customer support and satisfaction metrics (e.g. Time to First Response, Time to Resolution, cSAT, NPS) where these were both actively monitored and improved;
- Spreadsheet skills;
- Ability to speak languages other than English fluently.
How we work together at Oyster
Our values guide the work we do, the decisions we make, and the culture that makes us special. We elevate talent. We build trust. We thrive together.
Our mission is to create a more equal world one global hire at a time. Everything we do ladders up to our mission and that doesn’t just mean building software. We develop programs, participate in workshops, and create dedicated teams to ensure we successfully support companies and knowledge workers in this new world of work.
We embrace asynchronous communication and collaborative work and we share how we work in the Oyster Public HQ to help other global teams learn from our experiences.
How YOU work
Different countries have different statutory benefits, different cultures have different norms, and different people have different needs! In order to best support and encourage our diverse team, we’ve created How YOU Work; a program of policies, practices, and perks to support your whole human experience as an employee at Oyster.
- Work from anywhere: Oyster is a borderless, HQ-less company. As long as your work gets done on time, your team has the support they need, and you’re authorized to work where you live, the world is truly your Oyster.
- Paid time off: We’re all about taking breaks we all need it. Oyster provides employees with 40 days off each year, which includes public/bank holidays and vacation/holiday leave (unless your country mandates more).
- Mental health support: We consider your mental health a top priority. We offer access to Plumm, a mental well-being service, to support your mental health.
- Wellbeing allowance: Each month, Oyster will top up your Juno wallet with a wellbeing allowance. Juno Points can be applied to anything that helps you show up to work as your best self, whether that’s your internet bill, a class, gym membership, or houseplants. The choices are endless!
- Flexible parental leave: Families are created in lots of different ways. Our parental leave policy applies to all employees who are becoming parents, regardless of how they become a parent. Oysters are eligible for a minimum of three months of paid parental leave and your job will be held for 12 months (or longer if required by local jurisdiction).
- WFH stipend: $3000 stipend to spend on your laptop and any other equipment you need for your home office; we’ll get you up and running in no time!
The best jobs should be available to everyone
At Oyster, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences and we’ve intentionally built our product and our company with an inclusive, global mindset. We know from experience that people from underrepresented groups often don’t apply for roles they don’t feel they meet all the criteria for. We’re committed to elevating talent by creating a trust-based environment where we can all thrive together. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily check every single box, please consider applying. We’d love to hear how you might contribute to our mission and our team.
Oyster is committed to ensuring equal opportunity of employment for qualified persons with disabilities and actively fosters an inclusive work environment. Please email: with the subject line: Interview Accommodations if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.