Manager, Data Team
Location: Remote (GMT -8 to GMT -4)
Teaching kids to think critically and communicate effectively has never been more important, and NoRedInk helps students become better writers in more than 60% of U.S. school districts. We’re looking for a Manager for our Data Team to oversee the team responsible for projects analyzing growth experiments, business metrics, and supporting our efforts to incorporate AI into our product.
In this role, you will:
- Provide your direct reports with mentorship and guidance, looking after their career growth, morale, job satisfaction, and productivity.
- Implement analytics solutions leveraging data warehouse & analytics tools like Snowflake & Sigma
- Work with our product team to incorporate AI into our product while assisting in model selection, use, development, refinement and tuning
- Conduct regular one-one-ones with your reports, providing them a space to voice their needs, aspirations, concerns, and questions
- Foster employee performance and growth, conducting mid-year and end-of-year reviews and helping your reports set and progress toward their personal and professional goals.
- Participate as a member of the management team, continually improving the company as a whole while simultaneously learning and growing as leaders.
- 2+ years of experience as a team lead or manager who loves helping others grow and develop while maintaining a focus on project delivery and business outcomes
- You have experience analyzing data using analysis tools and languages commonly used with data
- You have a servant-leader mindset, empowering team members by removing obstacles and helping them grow through coaching and mentorship
- You’ll enjoy working with a team spanning US-Pacific to US-East time
- Familiarity with AI/ML models, including work with NLP and deep learning. Must be familiar with these tools in Python
- Data Science background with direct experience building and training machine-learning based predictive models and a degree or equivalent experience in statistics, mathematics, analytics, or any related quantitative field
What NoRedInk Offers:
- A competitive salary and equity package in a high-growth, well-funded startup with massive traction
- Excellent health, vision, and dental benefits (U.S. Only)
- A remote-first culture that allows for flexible hours (We were big on remote before COVID!)
- A relaxed and flexible PTO policy and paid parental leave
- 401(k) (U.S. Only)
- LinkedIn Learning subscription with unlimited access to thousands of expert-led online courses
- Team retreats and events to connect with fun, talented coworkers
- Consistent modeling of our company’s core values
- The ability to help millions of students and teachers and address a critical societal need
Compensation at NoRedInk is robust and includes a full range of benefits, unlimited PTO, monthly co-working stipends, an initial home-office set up stipend, and generous equity. Our salary ranges are based on factors such as expectations as laid out in the job description, location-specific market data, internal parity, and the experience and skills of individual candidates. Therefore, the compensation range is $165K – 200K and accounts for a variety of locations and skills/experience. Please know that if you are invited to speak with a recruiter at NoRedInk, they will have an open discussion about compensation during your first call to ensure alignment.