Manager, Consulting Sales
United States – Virtual Location
job requisition id
Amex GBT is a place where colleagues find inspiration in travel as a force for good and through their work can make an impact on our industry. We’re here to help our colleagues achieve success and offer an inclusive and collaborative culture where your voice is valued.
Ready to explore a career path? Start your journey.
The Sales Manager of Travel Consulting role is a key position within Global Business Consulting (GBC) responsible for the generation of new and growing Consulting sales. You will be recognized as an influencer within the travel industry. You will demonstrate sales experience with a strong commercial proficiency and collaborative focus, so that cross-functional approaches are improved for the execution of turning prospects into closed deals, through growing strengths of relationships, internal collaboration and relevance of offerings.
As an individual contributor, you must be prepared to:
- Represent the value proposition of GBT/GBC;
- Set and influence the strategic direction for bids;
- Participate in key prospect meetings & negotiations that will yield top-line growth for GBC;
- Be fully accountable for driving the entire sales cycle;
- Work and give in a close and connected team environment
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key internal partners
- Build, develop and maintain strong relationships with key client contacts
- The successful candidate must have strong commercial foresight, curiosity about the handled travel industry, and a keen ability to listen and craft tailored solutions to help corporations handle and optimize their travel spend/investment. To be successful and grow GBC’s revenue and profitability, the candidate will possess a combination of talents:
- Drive new sales from prospective clients achieving sales targets
- Implement a timely sales cycle and optimally administrate the CRM tool
- Outstanding relationship management and consultative sales skills
- A sophisticated ability to synthesize client needs
- Find opportunities, drive growth and develop innovative, benefit and client focused solutions
- Sell with integrity
- A strong understanding of the external market; and
- Indepth knowledge of the power of the GBC value proposition
Actively prospects to build a pipeline of opportunities, prioritizing by potential value, sales cycle length, and win probability;
- Proven track record of client sales success in a matrixed organization
- Experience in a consultative capacity and/or selling business/management consulting services
- Gains a dedication from the prospect to move forward by asking for the business and driving results
- Applies strong negotiation skills, and compelling rationale to overcome barriers, objections or resistance to achieve mutually helpful solutions
- Demonstrates strong listening skills across a variety of mediums and audiences
- Results focused
- Demonstrates a driven and positive demeanor.
- Adapts quickly to different situations
- Recovers quickly from setbacks
- Identifies client needs to configure, solve and sell solutions that address requirements and deliver value
- History working with customers and/or in client facing roles
- Identifies, engages, influences and persuades internally and key decisions makers externally
- Implements a strategic vision, develops action plans, prioritizes activity, makes decisions and sets goals
- Possesses business and financial skill
- Drives decisions and affects change across an organization.
- Understands at a tactical level market/ industry key competitors, challenges, terminology, technology, trends, and regulations
- Has knowledge of and/or is interested in the corporate travel marketplace
- Ability to travel up to 50%
United States – Virtual Location
The US national annual base salary range for this position is from $70,000 to $140,000. The national range provided includes the base salary that GBT expects to pay for the role. Actual base salary will be based on factors including the scope and complexity of the role and the successful candidate’s relevant experience, skills, knowledge, and work location.
In addition to base salary, this role is eligible for either our Annual Incentive Award plan, which rewards participants based on company and individual performance, or eligible for one of our metric-driven Sales Incentive Plans (certain sales roles only). An eligible employee can only participate in one of these plans during an eligible period. This role is also eligible for awards under the company Equity Incentive Plan, which is designed to align participants’ interests with those of shareholders. For information about our comprehensive US benefits programs and eligibility, please review our Benefits-at-a-Glance document.
GBT 2023 Benefits-at-a-Glance
The #TeamGBT Experience
Work and life: Find your happy medium at Amex GBT.
- Flexible benefits are tailored to each country and start the day you do. These include health and welfare insurance plans, retirement programs, parental leave, adoption assistance, and more.
- Travel perks: get a choice of deals each week from major travel providers on everything from flights to hotels to cruises and car rentals.
- Develop the skills you want when the time is right for you, with global tuition assistance, access to over 20,000 courses on our learning platform, leadership courses, and new job openings available to internal candidates first.
- We strive to champion Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in every aspect of our business at GBT. You can connect with colleagues through our global Inclusion Groups, centered around common identities or initiatives, to discuss challenges, obstacles, achievements, and drive company awareness and action.
- Wellbeing resources to support mental and emotional health for you and your immediate family.
- And much more!
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to age, gender identity (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status, citizenship or marital status. It is our policy to maintain an equal-opportunity environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias for our candidates, colleagues, clients and suppliers.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please, let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the hiring process. For more details, please consult GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement.
What if I don’t meet every requirement? If you’re passionate about our mission and believe you’d be a phenomenal addition to our team, don’t worry about checking every box;” please apply anyway. You may be exactly the person we’re looking for!