Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Carry1st is Africa’s leading publisher of mobile games and digital content. Operating at the intersection of games, fintech, and web3, we scale awesome content in frontier markets by solving hard problems. We develop, licence, and publish games and monetize them effectively with our proprietary platform. We are backed by blue-chip investors like: Andreessen Horowitz, Google, Riot Games, Bitkraft, and Nas.
As a Management Accountant you will be responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of group management accounts across all entities and complete consolidation of group accounts. This position is a great opportunity for an experienced and qualified Management Accountant who is proactive, able to multitask and prioritise work to accommodate the requirements of a dynamic and growing business.
- Compile detailed schedules monthly (income and expenditure tracking, balance sheet reconciliations)
- Analyse overheads to explain variances against budgets
- Maintain monthly intercompany reconciliations including FX adjustments across all group entities in different currencies
- Contribute to the development and delivery of financial policies, guidelines, and protocols to ensure the company complies with regulations and good financial practice
- Assisting with the preparation of the year-end audit files and working with external auditors
- Assist with ad-hoc duties as required to support Finance Operations
What makes you a great candidate?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Chartered Accountant with +3 years relevant experience
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical, communication and problem-solving skills
- Energetic and ambitious to make a difference to a business going through an exciting period of change and growth
- Self-starter with an ability to handle multiple tasks and complete work project assignments within specified deadlines
- Reliable team-player; flexible and willing to support in other areas when require
What will it be like to work at Carry1st?
Carry1st is a fast-growing, dynamic place to work. And while we are laser focused on building the flagship mobile internet company in Africa, our team is fully remote and 100% global – with people in 25+ countries! At Carry1st, you will
- Build awesome, industry-changing products, every day
- Grow with a VC-backed startup at the intersection of gaming, fintech, and web3
- Work from anywhere in the world with international teammates
- Own shares in the Company – enabling you to benefit from the value you create
Some additional perks
- Co-working excursions: Travel to meet your colleagues in cities around the world
- Awesome equipment: Get everything you need to work effectively
- Remote working allowance: Put an additional $600 / year to optimise your WFH experience
- Learning and development: Attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social events: Participate in regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
- Birthday leave: Enjoy a paid day off on your special day
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!
Learn more about Carry1st
- Andreessen Horowitz shared why they invested in Carry1st
- VentureBeat announced that Carry1st has raised $27 million to develop and publish mobile games in Africa
- Remerge hosted Cordel on a podcast to discuss Carry1st and the African gaming market