Live Ops Producer
Who We Are
Sitting at the intersection of social networking and gaming, we empower creativity and connection in a digital world. Our mission is to build deep, rich virtual worlds where everyone belongs.
We have been working towards this mission for a decade. We are the creators of Highrise, the first virtual world on mobile, which has seen extraordinary growth over the last few years and now boasts over 20 million users across iOS and Android. Every day, the citizens of Highrise come together to hangout, explore, create, collect, and trade in our metaverse, and we are on the precipice of making history once again with our expansion into Highrise World.
To build creative worlds where you belong.
About This Role
You will be working on the Live Ops team, reporting to Anton Bernstein, CEO and Co-founder. (Please note that if you reach out to Anton, he may not reply due to the volume of messages received.)
We are looking for a Producer to join us at Highrise to manage our live operations. Our live operations team oversees all content releases in the Highrise world. This is a fast-paced, always-on team that schedules weekly events and daily content releases. The team is responsible for ideating, implementing, and analyzing content releases in Highrise. The Live Operations team interacts closely with the Product, Art, and Marketing teams.
To really shine in this role, you should love the process of playing and making games. You should also love working with others either leading or contributing towards new events in Highrise. This role is instrumental to our success, and we are excited to find the right person.
The mission for this role is to take ownership of the planning and execution of our live operations. You will have the vision to understand and anticipate project concerns, schedule risks, and process issues, while empowering the team to deliver an outstanding experience of high quality, on budget, and on time.
Key Indicators of Success
- The Highrise community is highly engaged and excited about the content that we regularly release in Highrise.
- Our Live Operations team is operating efficiently, scheduling weekly and daily content well ahead of schedule.
- We are able to quickly pivot or introduce new ideas. This will enable us to launch content that’s on-trend and exciting to the Highrise community.
What You Will Do
- Program Management: You will develop, track and report on the short-term and long-term deliverables of the live ops team.
- You will define priorities and tasks, assign them, and follow up on them to completion.
- Working with product leadership, you will ensure clarity of the team’s goals, and work with the team to set backlog priorities.
- This includes transparent progress, status, and risk reporting, as well as quantitative production delivery metrics.
- Strategy: Identify gaps in our current strategy and oversee projects that collectively improve Highrise’s operations.
- You will build strong business relationships with product leadership, dev teams, the art team, and players.
- You will ensure high-quality releases, working with engineering, product leadership, and art.
What You Can Expect in the First 90 Days
- 30 Days: In the first 30 days, you’ll learn about our Live Ops process by getting to know other members of your team, our Art managers, and our Marketing manager. You’ll join our daily huddles and weekly planning sessions. You’ll get familiar with our task management and documentation tools.
- 60 Days: In the first 60 days, you’ll start leading daily huddles and weekly planning sessions. You’ll get a good grasp of our analytics and you’ll learn how to analyze the effectiveness of our campaigns. You’ll start contributing to the planning of campaigns.
- 90 Days: In the first 90 days, you’ll take over the planning and coordination of campaigns in Highrise. You’ll deeply understand our processes and systems, and be able to follow up with relevant people in the organization to get campaigns launched. You’ll be fully responsible for ideating, implementing, and analyzing content releases in Highrise.
Who You Are
- You are an expert at keeping everyone in sync with plans, and changes to the plans as they happen.
- You have experience as a Producer with full production cycle experience from concept creation to launch and live operations.
- You are experienced in a variety of development methodologies such as Agile, as well as team management, long and short-term project scheduling, and execution.
- You have knowledge of game industry-standard software tools, design documents, and production processes/best practices (budgets, game concept and prototyping creation, project management, and bug reports).
- You are effective at driving order out of uncertainty and have excellent prioritization and decision-making skills.
- You are an excellent meeting facilitator and foster team collaboration.
- You have strong mediation and problem-solving skills.
- 3+ years of experience running and delivering products/services in a live environment.
- Strong time-management skills with the ability to focus on priorities, manage change and deliver against agreed deadlines.
- Previous Production experience in a creative industry/environment.
- Experience with project status and risk reporting including high-level project reporting.
- You like and play games. Specifically games with strong loops, events, etc.
Nice to Have’s
- You have experience with Amplitude, SQL, Shortcut (or other task managers), and Notion.
- Working in the mobile gaming industry.
- Interest in free-to-play games with active Live Ops.
- Equipment allowance: Choose your own tools for optimal productivity.
- Health coverage: Medical and dental insurance are provided.
- Unlimited vacation: Take the time you need to recharge and come back stronger.
- Education stipend: Fuel your passion for learning and growth.
- Monthly fitness allowance: Stay active and healthy with our support.
- Team bonding: Monthly budget for team building and unforgettable team retreats.
- Breakthrough creativity: With a focus on innovation and pushing boundaries, you’ll have the freedom to unleash your creativity and come up with bold, cutting-edge ideas.
- Dynamic work environment: With a fully remote setup and a collaborative culture, you’ll work with an energetic and talented team, making for a dynamic and fulfilling work experience.
- Meaningful impact on millions: Your work will have a significant impact on the lives of millions of people, as you create virtual worlds that offer unique experiences and connections.
- Growth opportunities in a startup: As a part of a growing startup, you’ll have room for personal and professional growth, learning new skills and potentially taking on leadership roles.
- Pioneering industry at the forefront of innovation: You’ll be part of a thrilling, exciting industry that’s pushing the limits of what’s possible in virtual worlds, working with cutting-edge technology and being at the forefront of innovation.
- Working with top talent from around the world: You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with and learn from some of the most talented people in the industry, regardless of where they are in the world.
As a fully remote company, we strive to have an equitable compensation philosophy that allows us to take good care of our people, no matter where they are in the world. At the moment, our philosophy is composed of multiple factors such as market pay, location, performance, and other rewards. Our compensation philosophy is meant to support our organization’s strategic plan and operating objectives as we continue to grow as a company, so will our approach to compensation.
The salary range for this role is 80-120k USD in US and Canada. Salary will be adjusted based on your location.
What its Really Like to Work Here
We’re a team of self-driven individuals from all over the world, united by a common goal of making a real impact on the internet revolution. We take ownership of our work, embrace mistakes as learning opportunities, and find creative solutions to challenges. Our unshakeable belief in ourselves and each other fuels our drive to push ourselves to the limit and achieve our biggest breakthroughs. If you’re looking for an inspiring, driven team, we’re ready to take on the world with you.
Be an Owner
Be a Team Player
Be Player Focused
Enjoy the Journey