Leave of Absence Analyst – Remote
job requisition id
Are you looking to accelerate your career without having to hide your authentic self – a place where you can be you? A career that’s making a bigger impact on the world? At OneDigital, we are on a mission to help people do their best work and live their best lives. From the services we offer to the way we show up for each other each day, we are fueling dreams, achieving big goals, and embracing each other’s truest selves.
We understand that pursuing a new job is a big deal. Maybe you’re afraid you won’t fit in. Well, here’s the good news. For us, the days of fit in to get in are over and being different is not a barrier to getting ahead. Greatness comes in all shapes, sizes, colors, and experience levels. If you are looking for a people-first culture that is wired for growth, driven to serve, and totally committed to having your back, give us a shot. Your best life awaits.
Our Newest Opportunity:
We’re in search of an individual to join our growing Northern California Human Resources Consulting team as a Leave of Absence Analyst. This individual will be dedicated to providing oversight and administration to clients who have chosen to outsource their Leave of Absence administration to OneDigital. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with multiple clients from various industries to help streamline their Leave of Absence administration, provide guidance, and provide day-to-day support of their leave of absence administration needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Manage day-to-day LOA administration for assigned clients and develop and maintain relationships with their HR and benefits teams, managers, employees and corporate counsel as needed.
- Effectively support all LOA administration cases to include general administration and compliance with Federal, State and local regulations related to leaves including FMLA, CFRA, PDL, PFL, USERRA, ADA/ADAAA, and company specific leave programs such as Paid Parental Leave.
- Provide excellent customer service by providing timely response and expert guidance to all LOA inquiries.
- Onboard new clients by facilitating meetings, providing process recommendations, and managing implementation.
- Set up new clients in LOA administration system and configure based on client’s programs and policies, including import of historical data when available.
- Monitor and identity opportunities for efficiencies within the client’s and OneDigital’s leave processes to ensure they are efficient and compliant.
- Perform LOA audits for clients as needed and provide feedback and recommendations.
- Coach managers on leave policy and processes and engage with employees in the interactive process concerning reasonable accommodations.
- Provide Leave of Absence reports to clients ad hoc and as scheduled.
Qualifications, Skills and Requirements:
- Demonstrates proven project management skills and the ability to multi-task by managing the moving parts and priorities of multiple clients.
- A sense of urgency and exceptional communication skills (oral and written) with a desire to build long, lasting relationships.
- Sound judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulations, or government (Federal and State) law.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- The ability to work with a variety of personalities at all levels throughout the firm.
- Independent judgment, a high level of confidentiality, and the ability to work in an interdisciplinary environment.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Minimum of 6 years of experience managing a high volume of Leaves of Absence administration for mid to large size companies with employees in multiple states.
- Strong knowledge of Federal, State and local regulations related to leaves including FMLA, CFRA, PDL, PFL, USERRA, ADA/ADAAA, and company specific leave programs such as Paid Parental Leave.
- Certification as a Professional in Human Resources (PHR) a plus.
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office Products and Leave of Absence Management systems. Experience with ClaimVantage a plus.
Thank you for your interest in joining the OneDigital team!