NORTH AMERICA – CONTENT
WHY WORK FOR US?
Catena Media offers a fully remote workplace in North America, with no physical office to report to and the tools you need to do your job provided at your home. We also boast one of the top vacation and holiday plans you’ll find in the US or Canada, a best-in-class retirement plan, robust health care coverage, wellness benefits, and more.
SCOPE OF THE JOB:
A Lead Writer for Catena Media North America covers news, evergreen and page updates related to gambling and the sports betting industry. This is a full-time role (35-40 hours per week) where the volume and type of content are determined by the department.
While much of the content will be assigned by the managing editor, the lead writer will also be expected to generate content ideas weekly
- Write and research commercial or sports betting content for Catena Media sites or partners.
- Work with managing editors and content managers to support the content strategy.
- Assist with evergreen page updates and rewrites when required or as directed by the managing editor and content manager(s).
- Adhere to Catena North America style guide and principles, follow SEO best practices and other guidance as provided by the managing editor or content manager.
- Be receptive and use feedback to improve performance and increase proficiency.
- Build and write promotional content for key affiliate partners to grow engagement and traffic.
- Work closely with the managing editor on content plans and effective promotional and betting content.
- Assist the managing editor and content manager in drafting or publishing content inside content management systems (CMS) as requested.
- Off-hour or weekend work may be required.
- Other content duties as assigned by the managing editor or content manager.
TO DO IT, YOU WILL NEED:
- A Lead Writer must have a minimum of three years of experience working as a journalist, covering various aspects of online gaming throughout the US or equivalent related experience.
- Additional qualifications include:
- Two-year degree.
- Ability to interpret complex earnings calls and revenue projections for the audience.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
- Collaborate with others, take complex ideas and break them down into easy-to-understand content.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including knowledge of AP style guidelines.
- Experience in WordPress is preferred but not required.