Title: Lead Product Manager, Food Search & Discovery
Location: Remote – US
At MyFitnessPal, our vision is to be the global catalyst for every body to achieve their healthy. We believe fitness starts with what you eat. We provide the tools and resources to reach your fitness goals.
As the Lead Product Manager for Food Search & Discovery at MyFitnessPal, your primary responsibility will involve simplifying and enhancing the process for users to log their dietary intake while facilitating the exploration of personalized new food options. This role is centered around grasping technologies such as search and machine learning, coupled with a proven track record of successfully delivering products that resonate with consumers. Your tasks will encompass shaping our strategy and charting the roadmap within this domain, all while overseeing the exemplary execution through the leadership of a cross-functional team.
What you’ll be doing:
- In partnership with several PMs in this area and cross-functional stakeholders, this role will work to define, size, communicate, and execute our product strategy
- Deeply understand our user segments, meeting regularly with target market audiences to refine product strategy and find product/market fit
- With the MFP engineering, data, and product and design teams, build a team that can successfully deliver on the product strategy; help to hire the required engineering, PM and design members
- Serve as a thought leader for the rest of MFP’s product team. Help incorporate our product strategy into our broader product vision, and ensure alignment across our platform
- Live our core values in all you do:
- Be Kind and Care
- Live Good Health
- Be Data-Inspired
- Champion Change
- Leave it Better than You Found It
- Make It Happen
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 8+ years of Product Management experience building digital products that power consumer experiences at scale
- At least 2+ years experience with one or more of the following is required: Consumer-facing search, ML/AI, NLP. Experience with structuring data and visual AI is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and deliver complex initiatives with minimal executive intervention; meets commitments. Strong attention to detail. Excellent verbal and written communication including executive level documents
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills. Comfortable with and skilled at putting structure on ambiguity
- Experience working in an agile/scrum environment
- Passion for helping millions of people achieve their health and fitness goals
*This role is for a senior Individual Contributor at start
Please consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows you can still be considered for a position if you meet some of the requirements. At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a fitness product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
Exciting Full-Time Employee Benefits, Perks and Culture
- Embrace the Freedom: Be a digital nomad, work from anywhere we have operations within the continental U.S.
- Office Vibes: If you prefer working in an office, we’ve got you covered, our HQ is in vibrant Austin, TX.
- Face-to-Face Connections: We value personal connections. Enjoy opportunities to meet and connect with your team members in person to help forge meaningful relationships that extend beyond the virtual realm. Teams meet as often as needed and all of MyFitnessPal gathers annually.
- Flexibility At Its Best: Achieve the work-life balance you deserve. Enjoy a flexible time-off policy and work on your own terms with our Responsible Time Off benefit.
- Give Back: Use your volunteer days off to support what matters most to you. Each full time teammate receives 2 days per calendar year to give back to their community through service.
- Mentorship Program: Take control of your career through our mentorship program where, if you’d like, you will be matched with a teammate who can help you scale your skills and propel your growth.
- Family-Friendly Support: Embrace the journey with confidence and care. Enjoy our paid maternity and paternity leave, to provide time to balance family responsibilities with your career and take the time needed to strengthen family relationships. We understand the complexities of starting or expanding a family, which is why we provide best-in-class comprehensive assistance for fertility-related matters.
- Wellness Comes First: Live Good Health is one of our core values. Receive a monthly Wellness Allowance, empowering you to focus on your physical and mental well-being by choosing from a range of wellness initiatives, including dedicated mental health days.
- Celebrate Greatness:Your hard work deserves recognition! Our reward and recognition platform empowers peers to acknowledge and reward each other for the exceptional contributions they make.
- Elevate Your Health & Fitness: Get access to MyFitnessPal Premium, allowing you to take your fitness, health and wellness journey to new heights.
- Unlock Your Potential: Access our virtual learning and development library, and participate in training opportunities to continuously grow and enhance your skills.
- Championing Inclusion: Our dedicated DEI Committee actively fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace by setting actionable goals and evaluating progress across the organization.
- Healthcare Matters: Your well-being is our priority. Take advantage of our competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits that cater to your holistic healthcare needs. Feel secure and supported on your wellness journey.
- Secure Your Future: Benefit from our retirement savings program, giving you peace of mind for your financial goals. Reach them sooner with MyFitnessPal’s competitive employer match.
At MyFitnessPal, our mission is to enable people to make healthy choices. And it wouldn’t be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability. These are our guiding ideologies and apply across all aspects of employment.
MyFitnessPal participates in E-Verify.