Title: Lead Internal Auditor – Capital Markets (Remote)
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to impact the future of the housing industry while being part of an inclusive team thriving in an energizing environment. Here, you will help lead our industry forward and make your career.
As a valued colleague on our team, you will provide expert advice on examining and analyzing accounting and operational records; determine financial status, efficiency, and effectiveness of operating and reporting procedures.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Lead Internal Auditor (Capital Markets) role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Collaborate with business partners to assess the process risks and controls
- Work closely with team members to develop strategies and methodologies to assess design of the controls and operating effectiveness.
- Develop conclusions based on outcome of work and data to provide recommendations and support business partners in achieving their objectives.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experience
- 4 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- MS and/or MBA, preferred
- Educational focus on finance, accounting, and/or business administration
- Professional certification, such as CPA, CIA, CIDA, FRM, PRM, CFA, preferred
- Demonstrate an understanding of the audit process (planning, fieldwork, and reporting)
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Money Markets: Agency Securities, Treasury Bills, Repurchase Agreements, Fed Funds
- Demonstrate an understanding of Capital Market Classification, Primary Market, Secondary Market
- Demonstrate an understanding of Fixed Income Securities: Treasury Bond, Agency Bonds, Mortgage Backed Securities
- Demonstrate an understanding of the derivatives instruments (Swaps, Forwards, Futures, Options), categories (Option and forward type contracts), Exchange Traded and Over the Counter
- Demonstrate an understanding of hedging theory (hedge constructing, long vs short) and related strategies to manage risks
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Mortgage Pass Through Securities including related risks such as negative convexity, Yield Uncertainty, prepayment speed estimates
- Demonstrate an understanding of Structured Finance, such as Credit Risk Transfer, Collateralized Mortgage Obligations (CMO)
- Demonstrate an understanding of Risk Management (Liquidity Risk Management, Interest Rate Risk Management), Performance Reporting, Asset and Liability Management
- Demonstrate an understanding of Trading Infrastructure including but not limited to trading function, portfolio management, trade settlement
- Risk assessment and management skills including evaluating and designing controls, conducting impact assessments, identifying control gaps, and remediating risk
- Skilled in presenting information and/or ideas to an audience in a way that is engaging and easy to understand
- Experience gathering accurate information to explain concepts and answer critical questions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience analyzing data to identify trends or relationships to inform conclusions about the data
- Skilled in TeamMate for audit solutions
- Skilled in Excel
- Skilled in Microsoft Teams
Job Reference ID: REF11497R
Capital Markets – Internal Audit – Lead Associate
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at email@example.com.
The hiring range for this role is set forth above. Final salaries will generally vary within that range based on factors that include but are not limited to, skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and other relevant qualifications. This position is eligible to participate in a Fannie Mae incentive program (subject to the terms of the program). As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Fannie Mae offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle, and other benefits and perks that enhance an employee s physical, mental, emotional, and financial well-being. See more here.