Java – Lead Software Developer
Location: Remote USA
This position is remote and does not require regular in-office presence.
Exciting opportunity to be a member of a fast paced and energized team of developers.
At Ameritas, our mission is Fulfilling Life. We do that in many ways, but especially by helping people invest in themselves by offering trusted financial products and advice. Because we believe everyone should be happy, healthy, and financially secure, we work hard to provide trusted financial products and valued guidance, including individual life and disability insurance, employee benefits, retirement planning, investments, and wealth management services.
We are looking for a highly skilled Java programmer. This role will provide application development and integration support to ensure business system applications deliver measurable value to the business. This role is responsible for designing, creating, integrating, and deploying an aggregation of business system applications. That includes the entire software development lifecycle, from ideation to production deployment.
We are leaders in the future state of technology and business processes, integrated with other IT and business areas. An ability to clearly communicate and collaborate within a team and across functional areas in a remote environment is a must.
This role does participate in providing 24/7/365 on call support within a shared team setting. Participation in this support rotation will be required.
What you will do
- Systems analysis, design, development, integration, maintenance, and support
- Codes application
- Integrates solutions with other applications and platforms
- Lead deployment of new modules, applies upgrades and fixes to the production environment ensuring production readiness
- Provides technical and system knowledge and guidance to team members
- Supports major projects that span a broad range of applications serving as the lead developer and subject matter expert by providing technical direction to others
- Contributes to solutioning efforts with team, application owners, architects, business analysts and clients
- Evaluates new application packages and tools; research best practices and recommends solutions
- Identifies technical requirements, creates technical design specifications
- Creates technical sizing for requirements for small to large projects — gains appropriate acceptance
- Ensuring continuous professional self-development
What you bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required
- 2-4 years of relevant enterprise development experience on large scale systems
- Experience with Spring Frameworks (i.e., Spring Batch, Spring Boot, Spring Security)
- CI/CD with Atlassian toolset, Sonar, Jenkins and Bitbucket
- Advanced knowledge of the following required:
- Application Security and secure coding best practices
- Modern web development best practices including responsive design, RESTful architecture, and microservice architecture.
- Unit Testing, Junit, and Mock Frameworks
- Desired skills and experiences include:
- Experience with containerized deployment on Docker Swarm
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (Lambda, EC2, API Gateway)
What we offer
- Our company motto is “Fulfilling Life” and we take that job seriously, with a heavy commitment to volunteering and community support, employee well-being, and providing quality products and services that help our customers create a brighter future.
- Being a mutual-based organization, the return on our investment goes back into the company, to benefit our members/customers.
- We’re committed to professional development, opportunity, inclusion, and diversity. Team building and collaboration are also priorities.
- A total rewards package with all the comprehensive health and welfare benefits you’d expect, including competitive pay and incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules and time off to care for yourself and others.
- Additional popular benefits, including tuition reimbursement, and student loan repayment, an incentivized well-being program, adoption assistance, paid time off for volunteering, training, and career development opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Ameritas has a reputation as a company that cares, and because everyone should feel safe bringing their authentic, whole self to work, we’re committed to an inclusive culture and diverse workplace, enriched by our individual differences. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that hires based on qualifications, positive attitude, and exemplary work ethic, regardless of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Salary range $86,381 to $138,209
Location Remote – USA
Full-Time/Part Time Full-time