Online Italian (DITALS) Teacher – Babbel Live
Start your online teaching job as part of the dynamic Babbel Live team!
- Fluent in your teaching language: You have an outstanding command of the language you wish to teach. If Italian is not your native language, an official C2 CEFR certificate is required. You also speak and write well in English for communication with the Teacher Relations Team.
- Teaching certificate: you hold a teaching certificate in DITALS from a recognised educational institution. A degree in a language-related field is a plus.
- Teaching experience as a second language teacher. Online experience teaching groups is a plus.
- Technical equipment: high speed internet connection, headset with microphone, laptop/desktop with a camera.
- Technical skills: you are very familiar with Zoom.us. You enjoy discovering new features and incorporating them in the virtual classroom.
- Adaptability: you handle unexpected technical problems as well as challenging teaching situations confidently and professionally.
- Communication and connectivity: you are able to bridge the virtual gap by keeping students engaged and motivated. You are dynamic and able to combine didactic excellence with friendliness and openness. You communicate easily with the Teacher Relations Team when necessary.
- Energetic and passionate about teaching, eager to learn from your students as well as your peers and to adapt to a developing field.
- You hold proof of freelance status: you are responsible for handling your invoices and taxes.
- Create your own schedule for your remote teaching job
You decide what time, which days, and how regularly you want to teach online.
- Earn more for top performance
A transparent payment scale starts out on a base rate, which is scaled up according to your performance.
- Use prepared teaching materials
All materials for your online teaching job are provided and ready to use for each class, tailor-made for each learning level.
- Get all the support you need
The Online Teaching Team will help you with all your requests, from scheduling to invoicing, setting up your Zoom account and anything else you’ll need to teach online.
- Further your teaching career
You’ll receive training to continue developing your professional skills as well as 1:1 feedback, workshops, and access to training materials to teach English online successfully.
- Meet international students
Engage with students from all over the world and discuss diverse and relevant topics with this remote teaching job.
Check out what Babbel Live teachers have to say about their experience so far.
Join the Babbel Live team to be part of one of the fastest-growing education technology companies and work as a pioneer in online language classes!
Life At Babbel
- Work on a product which transforms the lives of millions
- A culture which fosters belonging and treats diversity as its strength
- Meet and collaborate with colleagues at internal events such as Babbel Innovates, Lunch & Learns, Blind Coffees, Babbel Perspectives, Stranger Talks and (virtual) parties
- A lively startup atmosphere in a vibrant international company with 750 Babbelonians representing over 65 different nationalities