locations: United States
time type: Full time
job requisition id: R3286
As a staff Internal Auditor, you’ll facilitate the organization’s internal audit and Sarbanes Oxley Program by participating in audit projects in support of the annual audit plan and management’s requests. This position reports to the Director of Internal Audit.
Ready to get in the driver’s seat? Join us!
What you’ll do
- Execution of all phases (planning, fieldwork, reporting, and follow-up) including assurance and advisory services
- Perform all phases of SOX 404, including walkthroughs, test of design, test of effectiveness, and deficiency remediation
- Coverage of functional and operating units, and all operational processes
- Perform follow-up on the status of outstanding internal audit issues and SOX Deficiencies
- Assist management with periodic reporting management and to the audit committee, development of the annual internal audit plan, and championing internal control and corporate governance concepts throughout the business
- Contribute to the development and execution a comprehensive, risk-based audit program, with a goal of both maximizing company performance and control, while minimizing risk.
- Understand the company’s business and operations, as well as the changing regulatory environment and its impact on the business.
- Support development of the audit function that is viewed as providing value for the business, continuing to position the department as a valued partner and asset.
- Respond effectively to management’s request for specific and/or special audit projects.
- In conjunction with the Seniors and Directors, perform risk assessment activities throughout the year via ongoing analysis, maintaining relationships with key members of management, and staying close to what is going on in the industry and the business.
This might describe you
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting or equivalent; Master’s degree a plus
- Staff level audit experience (preferably in corporate Internal Audit or similar experience with national/regional CPA firm)
- CIA and/or CPA (or willing to obtain in the near future)
- Experience executing assurance and advisory services.
- Knowledge of audit procedures and techniques
- Experience performing operational, financial, and compliance audits of processes and controls.
- Familiarity of public company requirements, including Sarbanes Oxley and key regulations, if applicable.
Other things to note
This position can be worked as a remote position within the United States.
Say hello to Hagerty
Hagerty is an automotive enthusiast brand and the world’s largest membership organization for car lovers. Along with being a best-in-class provider of specialty insurance for enthusiasts, Hagerty is also home to DriveShare, the Hagerty Drivers Foundation, Garage + Social, Hagerty Drivers Club, MotorsportReg and so much more. Committed to saving driving for future generations, each and every thing Hagerty does is dedicated to the love of the automobile.
Hagerty is a rapidly growing company that values a winning culture. We provide meaningful work for, and invest in, every single team member.
At Hagerty, we share the road. We are an inclusive automotive community where all are welcomed, valued and belong regardless of race, gender, age or car preference. We are united by our shared passion for driving, our commitment to preserve car culture for future generations and our desire to make a positive impact in the world.
Learn more about our comprehensive benefits and the perks that set us apart.
If you reside in the following jurisdictions: Colorado, California, Washington, New York, or Jersey City, New Jersey, please email email@example.com for compensation ranges, comprehensive benefits, and the perks that set us apart.