Inside Sales Representative I -Independent Accounts
At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you’ll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, you’ll help our customers get the high-quality gear they need to make the most of their adventures. We are BUILT FOR THE WILD™.
As the Inside Sales Representative I – Independent Accounts you are someone who has never met a stranger, thrives on solving problems and has excellent communication and organizational skills. You leverage data to drive thoughtful conversations with your customers. You excel in fast-paced, ever-changing entrepreneurial environments. Your superior organizational skills allow you to stay on top of multiple projects at the same time and the ability to switch direction at the drop of a hat. You are the consummate team player. There is no task or project too big or too small for you – you attack them all with passion, creativity, a positive outlook and serious attention to detail.
Position Type (See Workplace Approach Below): Remote
- Partner with Outside Territory Representatives to make outbound quality sales calls
- Provide world class customer service for your customers and internal stakeholders
- Confirm and enter incoming purchase orders received by phone or email
- Provide timely and accurate responses to inquiries from Outside Territory Representatives
- Typical inquires include:
- Item availability and/or placement of purchase orders
- Account balances
- Order / Back Order status Product descriptions and feature explanation
- Selection of the best product mix for customers
- Warranty issues or concerns
- Communicate back orders and suggest alternate products
- Promptly respond to emailed inquiries with well written, concise emails answering questions, offering solutions, and addressing concerns
- Execute on the operational aspects of account management to provide customers with world class service
- Make sure special instructions are noted and visible on purchase orders so that they can be processed correctly
- Effectively communicate with customers when inventory constraints and/or quality issues impact timely fulfillment of orders
- Communicate with accounting to make sure customer accounts are in good standing – including invoicing, cash receipts and credits
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 0-2 years of experience in B2B sales, account management, or customer service
- Proficient with basic computer skills – Excel, Word, web browsers, etc.
- Basic understanding of accounting principles
- Ability to efficiently execute multiple tasks and work in an entrepreneurial fast paced environment
- Self-starter – you have a hunger for tracking down opportunities and executing on them
- Priority management – ability to determine daily priorities and focus time/effort accordingly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – ability to clearly, concisely and intelligently communicate to a variety of potential audiences (existing customers, potential customers, co-workers, vendors, etc.)
- Relationship skills – the ability to connect well over the phone, in person and via email
- High sense of urgency
- Ability to work 8AM-5PM CST
US Workplace Approach:
- Onsite: Role requires you to be onsite full-time.
- Hybrid: Role requires you to be located in Austin, Texas and is a mixture of onsite and remote.
- Remote: Role is full-time remote.
Approach may vary based on role.
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.