Title: Inpatient Coder
The Judge Group is currently hiring fully remote inpatient coders.
- Identify appropriate assignment of ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Codes for inpatient services provided in a hospital setting and understand their impact on the DRG with reference to CC/MCC, while adhering to the official coding guidelines and established client coding guidelines of the assigned facility
- Abstract additional data elements during the Chart Review process when coding, as needed.
- Adhere to and maintain required levels of performance in both coding quality and productivity as established by
- Provide documentation feedback to providers and query physicians when appropriate Participate in coding department meetings and educational events.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 3+ years of Inpatient medical coding experience (hospital, facility, etc.)
- Professional coder certification from AHIMA and/or AAPC
- DRG coding experience