Inbound Sales Specialist
- Department: Contact Center
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Do you love pets? Are you looking for a career in a fast-growing industry that helps pets? Want to be part of something big? Trupanion is seeking enthusiastic and driven individuals to join our team as Inbound Phone Sales Specialists. As an Inbound Phone Sales Specialist, you will play a pivotal role in educating potential members about our premier pet insurance policies and enrolling their beloved pets in comprehensive coverage.
- The set schedule for this position is 6:30am PST – 3:00pm PST Thursday through Monday or 1:30pm PST – 10:00pm PST, Friday through Tuesday.
- During the first seven weeks of training, your schedule is Monday – Friday between 8:00am PST – 5:00pm PST.
- Answering inbound warm leads from potential customers who have expressed interest in our pet insurance policies.
- Utilizing a consultative style to understand the unique needs of each customer and tailoring insurance solutions accordingly.
- Presenting the value of our pet insurance policies and emphasizing the benefits they offer, rather than focusing solely on the price.
- Effectively setting the agenda during calls to maintain call control and guide the conversation towards successful enrollment.
- Providing detailed information about our policies, coverage options, and answering any questions or objections customers may have.
- Overcoming objections and concerns with confidence and empathy to instill trust in potential customers.
- Utilizing assumptive closing techniques to confidently guide customers through the enrollment process.
- Accurately enrolling pets in policies, ensuring all necessary information is collected and documented.
- Collaborating with the sales team and management to meet and exceed sales targets and objectives.
- Minimum 2 years of successful sales in a high-volume business-to-customer sales environment
- Excellent communication skills with a customer-centric approach.
- Ability to actively listen, understand customer needs, and provide appropriate solutions.
- Familiarity with the insurance industry, particularly pet insurance, is a plus.
- Strong ability to handle objections and turn them into opportunities.
- Goal-oriented mindset with a proven track record of achieving and surpassing sales targets.
- Positive attitude, adaptability, and a willingness to learn and grow within the role.
- Proficiency in basic computer applications and data entry.
- Active Property and Casualty license
Flexible Work Locations:
At Trupanion, we believe in a flexible workplace! We know that talented pet-loving professionals are everywhere. This position allows you to be fully remote and we can hire in all states except Georgia unless you already hold an active Property & Casualty license in that state. You must be able to have a reliable/stable connection to the internet through hard-wire Ethernet.
- The base pay for this position is $20 an hour on a full-time schedule. Along with the hourly pay, Trupanion employees may be eligible for uncapped monthly bonuses based on individual performance.
- We want all employees to be invested in Trupanion’s success, so we grant Restricted Stock Units to all new team members. Our new hire grants vest over 4 years.
Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks of paid time off and 9 paid float holidays (you can decide which days are most important to you!)
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Open, casual, pet-friendly, and fun office environment
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Seattle Office Amenities: Free on-site gym, free dog walking services for office pets during business hours, free parking, and paid ORCA cards.
Trupanion is an equal-opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.