Human Resources Manager
RemoteUnited StatesEdgility HireFull time
Edgility exists to empower social impact organizations to recognize and overcome unconscious bias, racism, and sexism so they can build a workforce that reflects and strengthens the communities they serve. Our clients want to live up to their values, but it’s not always easy to know where to start. We look at the data, ask the tough questions and, when we need to, disrupt the status quo. We know that real change can’t come from relying on the same systems and “best practices” that got us here in the first place. We serve as a trusted, compassionate, tough-love partner that helps our client organizations:
- Find, hire, and retain exceptional leaders and build a workforce that is reflective of the communities they serve.
- Develop transparent compensation programs that close wage gaps.
- Build equitable talent systems and practices that close opportunity gaps.
This is the new standard. And we challenge everyone to meet us here.
For more information about Edgility Consulting please visit www.edgilityconsulting.com.
The Human Resources (HR) Manager is responsible for overseeing core functions including human resources administration and compliance. This is a full-time, remote position reporting to the Vice President of Finance & Administration.
The HR Manager’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Human Resources Leadership:
- Partner with the VP of Finance & Administration to understand and execute the organization’s HR talent strategy, including current and future talent needs, management of HRIS system, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Human Resources Compliance:
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations; updates HR Policies & Employee Handbook to reflect state and national changes;
- Manage tailored onboarding of staff to align with requirements of each role;
- Manage state and local employer registrations.
- Compensation and Benefits Administration:
- Process, calculate, and ensure accuracy of payroll and compensation program; acts as Point of Contact for payroll provider and maintains all legal state and federal filings;
- Serve as the Point of Contact for external benefits brokers and vendors (medical, dental, IRA, disability, etc.);
- Manage accurate and compliant employee records, attendance records, and PTO tracking system.
- Talent Acquisition:
- Manage talent acquisition process, including recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of applicants;
- Collaborate with hiring managers and team leads to understand skills and competencies required;
- Build pools of candidates that meet hiring parameters, screen applicants for fit, and coordinate all aspects of the hiring process;
- Ensure strong communication throughout the process with hiring teams and candidates on timelines and status.
- Performance Management:
- Provide coaching, support, and training for firm people managers on all HR policies, programs, and practices related to talent management to ensure consistent and aligned application for all staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In order to fulfill these responsibilities, the ideal HR Manager candidate will be:
- Flexible and nimble, comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment with high accountability and low-to-moderate supervision;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to relate well with a variety of stakeholders;
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations;
- Organized, resourceful and systematic; able to balance a strong attention to detail with the ability to see the big picture and respond accordingly;
- Culturally competent and self-reflective, maintaining a strong growth mindset towards themselves and other people; open to feedback and supportive of the development of others;
- Strong working knowledge of a variety of HRIS systems; experience with system implementation desired;
- Passion for high-impact work in the social sector strongly preferred.
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required;
- Minimum of 7-years of general HR experience & at least 3-years of HR Management experience with a national organization required.
This position offers a competitive salary range of $95,000 – $112,000 and robust benefits including medical, dental, and retirement. More details can be provided upon request.
For additional questions about this position or to speak with someone about your interest, please contact Brandon Rosas at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 510.495.0040.
Edgility Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. Recruiting staff to create an inclusive organization is a priority, and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds. Candidates are evaluated solely on their qualifications to perform the work required.