Human Resources Compliance Specialist
Ferguson is North America’s leading value-added distributor across residential, non-residential, new construction and repair, maintenance, and improvement (RMI) end markets. Spanning 34,000 suppliers and more than one million customers, we deliver local expertise, value-added solutions, and the industry’s most extensive portfolio of products.
From infrastructure, plumbing, and appliances, to HVAC, fire protection, fabrication, and more, we make our customers’ complex projects simple, successful, and sustainable.
If a career with an organization that rewards performance and provides a stable and supportive environment for its associates nationwide sounds good to you, Ferguson may just be the place for you. Our people are our biggest asset and share a common passion for customer service, which has helped shape us into the industry leader we are today.
Ferguson is currently seeking the right individual to fill an immediate need for a Remote HR Compliance Specialist.
The Human Resources Compliance Specialist focuses on pre-employment and post-employment background and drug screening requirements. If you have a love of meeting people and providing great customer service coupled with an interest in contributing directly to the bottom line of a multi-billion-dollar organization, this is the position for you!
- Complete, check, and process pre-employment background checks using third party vendors.
- Complete, check, and process pre-employment, and post-employment random drug screenings in compliance with Federal Department of Transportation regulations.
- Complete and process post-employment reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with company policy and state regulations.
- Accurately maintain records.
- Data managed may include personal information; job history; retirement and insurance documentation; leave accrual records; and details of illness, absences, transfers, and salary progression.
- Respond to inquiries and assist employees and managers in completing any drug and background tasks.
- Responsible for basic employee file maintenance. Reports to HR Compliance Manager.
- Provide information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Perform other routine administrative activities according to the organization’s established procedures.
- Participate in associate meetings and communicate any concerns to management.
- Deliver job responsibilities following a defined standard output or set of procedures.
- Work consists of tasks that are very routine, or well defined, with specific instructions to achieve standardized solutions.
- Adhering to all policies, rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Performing other duties or functions as requested by management.
- Minimum of two years experience in an HR position preferred, ideally in drug and background.
- Labor relations experience is also preferred.
- Designated Employer Representative (DER) certification preferred, but not required.
Ferguson is dedicated to providing meaningful benefits programs and products to our associates and their familiesgeared toward benefits, wellness, financial protection, and retirement savings.
Ferguson offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement savings with company match, paid leave (vacation, sick, personal, holiday, and parental), employee assistance programs, associate discounts, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
- Actual pay rate may vary depending upon location. The estimated pay range for this position is below. The specific rate will depend on a candidate’s qualifications and prior experience.
- $19.71 – $26.44
- Estimated Ranges displayed are Monthly for Salaried roles OR Hourly for all other roles.
- This role is Bonus or Incentive Plan eligible.