Job Category: Administration
Requisition Number: HRGEN001776
Remote – Nation Wide
Manhattan, KS 66502, USA
Dallas, TX 75208, USA
With more than 20 years of experience, CivicPlus has earned the trust of over 12,000 customers, their 100,000+ local government users, and their 340 million+ residents in the U.S. and Canada alone.
Since 2011, CivicPlus has been named by Inc. Magazine as One of the Fastest-Growing Privately Held Companies in the U.S.
Are you looking for your next exciting career opportunity? Then look no more- you found it! We are expanding our enthusiastic Human Resources team and we are excited to add new teammates!
The Human Resources Generalist will be partnered with an HR Business Partner and will be responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and serves as a key member of our Human Resources team.
The primary function of this role is to act as day-to-day support to all levels of employees and assist with projects and processes across a full range of HR functions. In addition, this position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, administrative tasks, and employment law compliance.
We’re excited to hire a new HR Generalist who can:
- Provide HR support to people across the business, such as swift and effective solutions to first level employee questions on all HR topics, triage to functional HR experts as needed.
- Successfully partner with your HR Business Partner to provide excellent customer service to assigned business unit(s).
- In partnership with your HR Business Partner manage and support assigned business units.
- Effectively partner with members of Human Resources and other related functions; Talent Acquisition, People Operations, and Legal – to advance the company’s values and business strategies.
- Act as a trusted advisor to employees in the interpretation of HR policies and procedures and assist in resolution of issues; interpret, coach, and enforce Company policies and procedures for consistency and compliance.
- Process and ensure accuracy of employee data and personnel files.
- Assist with RFP data and form requests.
- Conduct exit interviews to assess and gain feedback.
- Manage a diverse set of company-wide HR projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Ensure all HR information is handled with a high degree of confidentiality and integrity.
- Assist in updating and developing key trainings for various employee populations.
There is no perfect candidate, but we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of relevant Human Resources experience
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively within a team and in a remote setting.
- Basic skill level with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to reason, judge, compare, calculate, evaluate, and critique such information as written materials, numerical data, responses to customer needs, and/or other work-related activities.
- Ability to interact with employees and leaders on sensitive subjects and appropriately disagree and/or challenge a situation.
- Ability to complete work in an acceptable timeframe; manage various detailed tasks and responsibilities simultaneously and with accuracy to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives.
- Ability to create and present presentations to individuals or groups.
*Note: We know that excellent candidates can have all sorts of backgrounds and experiences, so please don’t hesitate to apply even if you don’t meet 100% of the listed requirements!
Highlights of Joining the CP Team:
- We foster an open and inclusive environment. We are proud to be a diverse team, and we make strides every day to continue to grow our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB) efforts.
- We invest in our employees immediately and offer opportunities, such as our Red-Carpet Rollout and Buddy System during onboarding, to build employee connections and accelerate belonging.
- We’re big fans of company events!!This gives our global team (stretching over 45 states and 4 countries) a chance to get together, learn more about each other, and have fun! Our favorite example is Halloween week! Our Great Workplace Committee hosts a fun-filled week of Halloween festivities that includes Halloween Trivia, a Costume Contest, a Pumpkin Decorating Contest, and more!
- We have active committees in which you can directly participate or indirectly enjoy the activities they arrange. These committees include Community Engagement (philanthropic), ERG (employee resource groups), DEIB (Diversity Equity Inclusion & Belonging), Great Workplace Committee (plan fun virtual & in-person events), and Kudos (employee recognition).
- You can make an impact in communities across America (we serve 12,000 local governments and counting).
- You choose whether you work from one of our offices or work remotely.
- CivicPlus recognizes that ambitious and innovative people look for their company to support their professional growth. In addition to internal training opportunities, every department has set aside funds every employee can use on professional development opportunities, helping you grow your skills and develop your career. We support our employees’ growth.
- You’ll be a part of “One of the Fastest Growing Privately Help Companies in the U.S” that’s held the Inc Magazine title for 12 concurrent years. Our growth translates into opportunities for our employees as we look first to promote from within.