Head of Operations
Location: Worldwide – Remote
Who are we?
Invisible Technologies helps fast-growing companies scale efficiently by offering them Operations-as-a-Service: a synthesis of automation, human specialization, and strategic consulting.
We start at the goal level, getting deep into our clients’ businesses and the problems that they’re facing. We break down their goals & problems into processes that we can run for them. These processes are broken down into automated and human-run steps. We believe that anything that can be automated, should be automated. But that there will always need to be a human-in-the-loop to run the best operation.
Our team is made up of 75+ strategic team members who own equity in the company (our Partners ) as well as 1600+ team members who are running our service and core company functions (our Agents & Specialists ).
We believe that
- Our Mission is to unlock the creative potential of people and companies; we are the engine that powers innovation.
- Our Clients are pioneers of innovation; in industries ranging from AI to insurance to solar, many of our clients are well-known and on the cutting edge of technology and strategy.
- Ownership is our guiding value; every partner on the team is the CEO of their area – each of us are empowered to jump in and solve the problems in front of us.
- Meritocracy creates alignment; the value someone produces should be reflected back in the position of responsibility and compensation that they receive.
- Transparency is vital for us to run an entirely remote organization; what one of us knows, all of us should know.
To be Head of Operations at one of the biggest operations companies in the world. At Invisible, Operations is the tip of the spear in how this business operates. You will be responsible for owning the ops as a service engine that is powering the world’s leading innovations including AI, On-Demand Delivery among other services.
AI: Invisible is partnered with some of the leading companies in AI development as their core human data training partners. Our AI training team is made up of hundreds of team members, ranging from bright high school graduates to PhDs & professors, from engineers and mathematicians to creative writers and linguists.
On-Demand Delivery:Invisible is partnering with a number of key companies, driving the evolution of how goods are provided to the consumer. You will be responsible for leading and managing the overall operations of the company’s on-demand delivery service.
The three core pillars of your responsibilities will be:
- Operations Management: indirectly managing a team of hundreds of AI trainers and directly managing a team of several Operations Managers and Operations Analysts as they manage the production of high-quality work on nuanced AI training processes.
- Client Management: partnering with researchers and managers at our clients’ companies at both the strategic and tactical levels, working with them to define their needs, map their processes, and ensure our work is achieving their goals.
- Systems Thinking: constantly iterating on the design of our processes, applying to both external AI training processes that we run for our clients as well as internal management systems that help you manage your team more efficiently and effectively. Whilst some process innovations will not require new technology, others will. You will partner with product managers on Invisible’s technologies team to be able to create new technologies.
Who we want
Additional qualifications that are not required but would be desired are:
- Worked in a company that is currently within the AI innovation or On-Demand Delivery boom. This includes at AI research tech firms (e.g. OpenAI, Google, Amazon, Anthropic, etc) or within AI services or AI training services firms (e.g. ScaleAI, Labelbox, Turing, etc). Some On-Demand Delivery companies of note include (DoorDash, Uber, Amazon Prime etc.)
- Have a vision for the AI space and AI training within it this will be far from perfect (and perfect is impossible) but what’s important is that thinking has been put towards it.
- Experience managing an organization of at least 150+ people (though 300+ would be preferred).
- Been in client-facing roles in a consulting or strategic partnership capacity.
- Big plus if you have a technical background or a recent (<10 years old) major in ML/CS at a university.
Compensation & Benefits
- Working Times: US (EST or PST) Hours
- $160,000 annual base + up to $70,000 bonus potential (paid out quarterly) + equity!
- Additional opportunities to earn more equity and increase your ownership percentage of the company, through promotions and through re-distribution of re-acquired shares via buybacks.
- Healthcare Benefits (or Stipend Option)
- Flexible Work Schedule / Unlimited Vacation Days