Head of HR
Location: United States
Remote / Full Time Employee
At Plume, we’re on a mission to radically transform healthcare access for the transgender and gender-nonconforming communities. As a trans-founded company, we’re proud to be building a virtual care home that makes a difference in countless lives. Are you ready to be part of our growing team in the healthtech industry?Available to over 1 million transgender individuals across 45 states, we need passionate, talented individuals like you to join our journey and help us to increase access to life-saving Gender Affirming Hormone Therapy and improve the lives of trans folks. If you have a heart-forward approach and resonate with our values, we’d love to hear from you!
Scope of Work – Primary Responsibilities
- Overall onboarding facilitation;
- Project managing biannual self- and performance review cycles;
- Identification, and development of high-potential team members;
- Compensation reviews and planning;
- Benefits selection, communication, administration and coverage advocacy;
- Legal and regulatory compliance as it relates to employment;
- Administration of HR components of HRIS (ADP), CultureAmp, and other platforms;
- Org chart and job description structures and upkeep;
- Owning the investigation and resolution of employee relations issues;
- ADA and short-term disability administration;
- Maintaining strong customer service SLAs for internal queries;
- Owning compliance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations;
- Auditing and closing gaps in HR and personnel records
Scope of Work – Collaboration Opportunities
- Curate and promote synchronous and asynchronous learning opportunities relevant to Plume’s values and mission;
- Support proactive internal communications including synchronous live and virtual events, weekly updates, and board meetings;
- Develop, maintain, and analyze standard people-related metrics;
- Be a champion of our desired work culture, helping the team understand and live our core values through effective programs, processes, and platforms that promote a collective and shared experience in alignment with those values.
- At least eight years hands-on HR experience, at least five at the managerial or director level, across a range of human resources functions, and the curiosity to keep learning and growing.
- HR certification, be it PHR or SHRM-CP. ADP Workforce Now and/or CultureAmp experience is a plus.
- An excellent, self-directed project manager with a proven ability to design and implement innovative people operations strategies that increase efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Proactive relationship-builder. Deeply committed to developing and maintaining a reputation for approachability, trustworthiness, competence, and warmth.
- A strong communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong presentation skills.
- At least intermediate Excel, G:suite, and analytical skills. Should be able to readily report on and action plan against standard HR metrics.
- A highly ethical individual with the experience, confidence and stature to effectively address sensitive HR and business issues with complete discretion and confidentiality.
- Proven ability to lead and work remotely in a startup environment.
- Proven chops as an HR department of one, prioritizing work appropriately and collaborating across all levels of the organization with equal effectiveness.
- Deep knowledge of legal HR compliance matters in a multi-state environment. Should be confident that you can find the answers, if you don’t know them.
- A supporter and advocate of diversity and inclusion, anti-racist principles, and frameworks of intersectional experience. Experience working in diverse communities.
- Must have a proven affinity for the lived trans and gender-diverse experience. More than two-thirds of Plume employees are trans or gender-diverse, and we do expect a very high degree of intrinsic motivation to help our team members thrive here in our work community.
$155,000 – $170,000 a year
This role reports to the Senior VP of Integrated Services. Compensation is between $155,000 and $170,000, with full benefits, unlimited PTO, ten paid holidays and a winter break closure for the entire company.