Title: Head of Brand Studio
I am seeking a strategic creative leader to join our Marketing Team as Head of the Customer.io Brand Studio. This person will be responsible for creative oversight of our marketing communications in many ways, including developing brand strategy and communication language across our paid and owned channels, defining the direction and quality of creative execution, and growing and mentoring a distributed team of designers and content creators.
As a senior member of the marketing team, you will manage our creative team’s day-to-day investments and build out the necessary systems and processes to ensure seamless execution on all brand deliverables. You’ll also collaborate closely with members of the product design, sales, customer success and marketing teams to identify opportunities for partnership and align cross-functional efforts to maximize impact.
As the Head of Brand Studio at Customer.io, you will…
Some things you’ll do
- Own the creative expression of the Customer.io brand, collaborating with other marketing team members to execute a brand strategy that elevates our presence in the market and resonates with our target customer
- Be both a creative leader for the team and a hands-on executer who can set the bar for execution quality and visual storytelling
- Build, manage and mentor a team of creative marketers to execute creative across all channels, including web, digital marketing, events, and social media
- Develop and implement new systems and processes to help drive internal alignment on brand priorities and streamline the execution of key creative deliverables
- Collaborate closely with GTM stakeholders, including sales, customer success, ensuring that our brand efforts meet our business goals and objectives
- Identify and lead engagement with external partners, such as agencies, vendors, and freelancers to support executional capacity
- Partner with the Head of Product Design to define and execute a cohesive design strategy and language across the company
- 5-10 years of experience as a digital marketing creative, with a strong portfolio demonstrating a track record of high-quality brand execution for B2B companies
- 3+ years in a creative leadership capacity, with experience and passion for managing people directly and nurturing their career growth, not just directing their work
- 3+ years of experience working in fast-growing start-up environments where a growth mindset, adaptability, and a drive for continuous improvement are valued
- 2+ years of leading remote teams across multiple time-zones
What we’re looking for
- Strong leadership skills and experience managing a team of creative marketers who operate across a diverse set of disciplines
- Proven expertise leading the development of creative assets for different mediums (i.e. ads, web pages, video, email, and more) that effectively drive business results
- Experience developing creative strategies to power performance marketing practices, such as website optimization, A/B testing, etc.
- Effective collaborator with the proven ability to work successfully with cross-functional teams and build relationships with key stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders and build excitement and trust in a creative vision
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously
- Established relationships with proven agencies, vendors, and freelancers who have deep experience supporting the needs of a fast-growing B2B SaaS company
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 4,700 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of emails, SMS, push notifications, and in-app messages. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $180,000 USD (or equivalent in local currency) depending on experience and subject to market rate adjustment.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- Unlimited PTO – we encourage 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 12 weeks paid parental leave – for birth, adoption, or foster care
- 401k retirement matching – up to 5% dollar for dollar match to retirement contributions
- Health and wellness allowance – Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend – Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement – Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement – Up to $300 USD per month for those times you’d prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development – Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops – anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io – to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- 1 annual company retreat per year and opportunities to meet in smaller groups throughout the year
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! – as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want