Graphics Designer II
Location: United States
Automation Graphic Designer II – National Operations Center (NOC) – Remote (US)
The selected candidate for this opportunity can sit anywhere within the United States.
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings; it’s about creating perfect places that improve peoples’ lives. This position creates unique design solutions to meet specific customer requirements for commercial building fire alarm systems in new and existing facilities. The right candidate will make recommendations for productivity improvements and cost reductions to increase customer satisfaction and job profitability.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
As a Graphic Designer for Siemens Smart Infrastructure, you will build multi-faceted custom graphic packages using AutoCAD, Micrografx, and Siemens products, which defines graphical user interface so that customers can control their Smart Buildings. Graphics include visual representations of Campuses, Datacenters, Commercial facilities and the related infrastructure.
- Develop graphic backgrounds for projects from engineering submittals and added dynamics and point blocks to graphics in Insight/DesigoCC
- Meet with customers, Project Managers and Systems Engineers to understand the objectives and requirements of projects
- Estimate the time required to complete the work
- Work with a variety of graphic design tools including AutoCAD and Micrographics Designer
- Develop the overall layout and design for schematics used in construction of buildings and present finalized graphics to Project Managers
- Manage time spent on graphics and staying within time allocated in budget and maintain skills using graphic programs
- Gain knowledge of secondary graphic programs such as FIN builder and Facility Prime
- High School Diploma or state recognized GED required. Associate’s Degree in Graphics Design preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in Graphic Design in a similar industry preferred such as Mechanical, Electrical, Fire, Construction, or Building Automation, or candidates with an Associate’s Degree will be considered with lesser experience
- AutoCAD, Revit, Illustrator, and/or 3DS Max experience preferred
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
Benefits you’ll receive:
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available