North America (Remote)
MARKETING – MARKETING
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Percona is searching for a Graphic Designer with some front-end development experience to join our Communications team. We’re looking for a creative thinker that excels at visual storytelling. You value clean design and provocative thinking. You can simplify complex ideas, humanize technology, and deliver inspiring branding that resonates with our team, our company, and our customers. In short, you can deliver exceptional creative experiences.
With a background in B2B technology, a natural eye for design, and a passion for delivering ideas that connect with both technical and business audiences, you will be a valued member of our growing Marketing team. You have strong creative skills and a portfolio of work that demonstrates your passion for design and typography, color theory, layout, attention to detail, and creative process workflows. You have a positive, self-starter attitude with a desire to work in a fast-paced, low-ego environment.
This role is suited for an individual who has 3+ years of graphic design experience. The successful candidate will also possess excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), and teamwork skills, as well as the ability and drive to manage multiple projects and work seamlessly across the company.
You’ll work as a part of a close-knit team of Marketing professionals and report directly to the Sr. Director of Brand and Communications.
What You Will Do
- Prepare layout and designs following guidelines and brand styling
- Maintain brand consistency and standards across all media
- Create and deliver final artwork files and digital assets ready for reproduction, publishing, and localization.
- Ensure all files and digital assets are saved, stored, organized, and named per the established processes and standards
- Prepare all files for final output and maintain and check files for technical accuracyExecute the production work and be able to work with others to complete projects on time and to the highest quality.
- Maintain production files, including fonts, images, logos and other artwork
- Help refine and enforce brand guidelines, with usage consistency across the company
- Design visual projects incorporating copy, innovative visual design, and brand assets, while being mindful of usability and web best practices
- Ensure quality and consistency while delivering the best results
- Collaborate internally and externally (agencies, partners, etc.) as needed
- Manage a creative calendar to prioritize projects, while sticking with goals and meeting due dates
- Maintain awareness of current industry and technology standards, social media, competitive landscape and market trends
What You Have Done
- 3+ years of experience in B2B creative design (previous experience at a technology company a plus)
- Proven ability to adapt design styles and apply branded style guides with consistency
- Taken complex ideas and turned them quickly into something visual that can be used on various mediums
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines and exceeding goals
- Working knowledge of UX Design — Crafting design that elevates our brand and ensures a delightful experience via employing wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flowcharts, storyboards, site maps, and prototypes.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong communication, conceptual thinking, typography skills and design skills
- Proficiency in technical skills and tools needed to execute project work (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Animate, Keynote, Figma, Zoom, HubSpot, WordPress, etc.).
- Created a portfolio of exceptional work that demonstrates brand consistency and creativity across all mediums such as web, social, video, print, and interactive.
- High energy and a positive problem-solving attitude with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Photo editing / manipulation, photography and video production
- Experience with web design
- Must be adaptable and able to work quickly under short deadlines
- High level of attention to detail
- Motion Graphic + GIF experience a plus
- 2D Digital and Print Production
Percona is a highly respected thought leader in the global open-source community. Our mission is to Keep Open Source Open. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MariaDB.
Percona is remote-only and globally dispersed – we have colleagues in more than 50 countries! We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard.
Our staff receives generous benefits including flexible work hours and paid time off, all your equipment for your remote office, funds for career development (external training, certifications, conferences) and the opportunity to participate in an equity incentive plan.
If you love the idea of working with a high-growth tech company that is one of the best in the business and known globally as a go-to in the open-source database space, let’s talk!
Connect with us and stay up to date on our latest news and developments by following us on LinkedIn and Twitter. We look forward to connecting with you!