R 2023 1177
With limited supervision, use state-of-the art technology and software applications to consistently produce high-quality, creative work addressing National University System (NUS) marketing needs with on-time deliverables and within budget.
Conceive, create and manage visual elements for organization’s marketing programs fully integrating a cohesive visual approach using a variety of media modes. Organize and lead creative assignments from conception to electronic output with comprehensive layouts for an assortment of publications and the Web.
- Partners with Sanford Programs, NU Departments and community-based organizations to determine needs; researches audiences/markets and meets objectives within a practical timeframe and budget.
- Researches, conceptualizes, plans, designs and manages the production of a wide range of specialized graphic and/or illustrative material, including web/digital and multimedia concepts.
- Communicates concepts, designs or concepts to clients and adjusts them to incorporate feedback.
- Designs and develops artwork for the printing and imprinting of collateral materials and interactive electronic communications and preparing compositions and client proofs.
- initiates, illustrates, animates, formats and produces graphic communications to update new branding via desktop publishing, image correction, illustration, multimedia and Web development software, e.g. advertisements, brochures, catalogs, newspaper inserts, flyers, posters, booklets, tradeshow displays, newsletters, web content, signage and videos.
- Highlight brand identity, align outgoing products with brand messaging.
- Collaborate with planners, account, and project managers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No direct reports
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Visual Arts and/or Multimedia Design, required; and, five (5) years relevant experience using desktop publishing software, preferably on the Macintosh platform, with graphic production, printing and interactive electronic communications; or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to participate as an active team member of the team and organization and work toward a common goal.
- Actively seeks opportunities to influence, build effective relationships and gain alignment with peers, functional partners and/or external partners to accomplish business objectives.
- Accepts personal accountability, proactively seeks resolution for personal limitations head-on; and supports honesty and respect towards others, the company and oneself.
- Develops new insights into situations; questions conventional approaches; encourages new ideas and innovations; designs and implements new or cutting-edge programs/processes. Ability to generate and/or recognize imaginative or creative solutions that generate successful outcomes.
- Advanced knowledge of principles and practices of graphic design with excellent organizational skills as well as compile and prepare graphic production budgets, schedules and work plans.
- Ability to create and produce graphic materials using a range of media, methods and techniques and equipment, including developing complex, integrated design, printing and/or reproduction specifications.
- Advanced use of computers and Microsoft Office Suite Applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and advanced knowledge of software programs for the design and production of print, multimedia and the Web; skills in the utilization of specified computerized graphic design programs, e.g. Macintosh platform, Quark Xpress, Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individual of constituencies in a diverse community. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Work independently and foster a cooperative spirit within a large and/or small team of diverse cultures, while working in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and frequently changing priorities.
Travel: No Travel Required
Candidate receiving offers will be offered a salary/pay rate commensurate with experience that vary based on a candidate’s qualifications, skills, and competencies. Absent exceptional circumstances, candidates will be offered a salary within this range for this position.
Base pay is one component of National University’s total rewards package, as we are dedicated to supporting the needs of the “whole you” with our holistic approach to employee benefits by offering comprehensive well-being benefits for you and your family. For full details about our benefit plan offerings, please visit benefits.nu.edu. For Part-time benefits, please click here.
Compensation Range: Hourly: $24.86 – $32.32